- Admissions for 2017-18 is on. Application Sales Started.
- Admissions open for MCA 2017 - 18 Lateral Entry. Seats are available
- "23rd College Day was celebrated on 18thMarch 2017" at 10.00 am in the college Auditorium - Jaladampet Campus.
- "11th Asan Video Awards 2017" was organised on 09th March 2017 "- Jaladampet Campus. Chief Guest was Mr.Balaji Tharaneetharan, Film Director.
- International Women's Day Celebration "ASAN MAHILA 2K17"was celebrated on "8th March 2017 " in the college auditorium - Jaladampet Campus.
- Synergia 2k16 is to be organised on 01.10.2016 by Department of Commerce
- ### Dr.Narasimhan and Dr.Sudhakaran of Asthagiri Herbal Research Foundation delivered a research talk on Chromatography Techniques and Automation in Clinical Chemistry on 23/9/2016.
- ### 18th Graduation Day is Scheduled on " 6th August 2016 "(Saturday) in the college auditorium - Jaladampet Campus
- ### Department of Biochemistry is organizing a Medical Camp in collaboration with Starmed Diagnostic centre on 1-08-2016 at Govt.Hr.Sec School,Pallikaranai.
- ### Department of Biochemistry organized a Safety Awareness Programme on 28/7/16 for Department students
- ### NSS unit of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science honoured the death anniversary of Dr.A.P.J Adbdul Kalam by planting 100 trees within the college campus on 27th July 2016.
- ### YRC Unit of AMCAS organises Computer Awareness Programme for Higher Secondary School Students on 25th July2016 to 27th July 2016
- ### Placement Drive was conducted for MCA and B.Sc Computer Science Students on 26th July 2016
- ### IQAC organised Faculty Development Programme on "Educational Excellence" on 25th June 2016 (Saturday) -->
Activities of Asan Memorial College OF Arts & Science
Activities for sep-2016
First year student T.V Siddhu won the second prize in Creative Writing competition ELITE’16 held at Hindustan Arts and Science College ON 30th Sep 2016.
Inter department competitions conducted by dept of English
English Literary Competition held on September 24th, 2014.
The English Department of AMCAS is pleased to inform that our students from B.A. English Literature took part in the inter-collegiate English Literary Competition held at Hindustan University on September 24th, 2014. The students did us proud by winning in several categories at the literary event.
Having triumphed in 4 categories our students won the overall Runners-up trophy. What was noteworthy is that the chief guest at the event praised our students on their performance, behaviour and abilities and expressed his wish to visit our college.
25 city colleges participated including WCC, Ethiraj, MCC AND The New College.
List of Prize Winners:
1. Kamarunisa ( I BA English ) -- Creative Writing -- I Prize.
2. Asma and Chitra (III BA English) -- Crossword Puzzle -- I Prize.
3. Binita and Joyce (I BA English) -- Literary Rangoli -- II Prize
4. Augusta Rebecca, Sruthi and Nandhini -- Literary Parade -- (I BA English) -- II Prize.
The first photo - Prize winners and the other participants along with the Staff of English Department, Asan.
The second photo is the HOD of English, Asan Prof. Janaki felicitating the prize winners of the competitions.
Press & Media News
- Dinamalar News
- Dinamalar News 09-03-2017
- Dinamani News on.06-03-2017.
- Dinamani News on.13-01-2017.
- The Hindu, Downtown Tambaram News paper- 21/10/2016
- Dinamani News on.18-10-2016..
- Malayala Manorama News paper- 27/08/2016
- Blood Donation in Malayala Manorama News paper- 20/07/2016
- News in TamillCNN - 20/7/2016
News in Dinamani -20/7/2016
- News in Maalai malar - 11/7/2016
- News in Maalai murasu - 11/7/2016
- News in Maalai sudar - 11/7/2016
National Young Leaders Programme Award(NYLP) - on 22.03.2017.
The NSS unit of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science was awareded Fourth prize for the outstanding contribution of 100 hours community service under the scheme of National Young Leaders Programme(NYLP) organized by the NSS Regional Directorate, Chennai and the NSS Cell of University of Madras, Chennai, for the academic year 2015-2016 on 22.03.2017.
23 rd Annual Day Celebration - on 18/03/2017.
Dr.S.Karunanithi, Registrar i/c, University of Madras was the Chief Guest for the Annual day function which was conducted on 18th March 2017. Endowment and proficiency prizes were awarded to the students.
For more Photos...
"CLEAN AND PAINT VALLUVAR KOTTAM”.- on 18/03/2017.
10 volunteers of NSS Unit of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science participated in the 32 Hour Cleanathon “CLEAN AND PAINT VALLUVAR KOTTAM” organized by “THUVAKKAM” from 9PM 17th March 2017 till 11.30AM 18th March 2017.
For more Photos...
Swachhata App-2017.- on 16/03/2017.
The NSS unit of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, organized an awareness programme about Swachhata App-2017. Mr. S.Elangovan, Assistant Commissioner, Coporation of Chennai delivered the speech on 16th March 2017.
For more Photos...
YRC Activity - March 2017 on 13/03/2017.
As a part of YRC programme, notebooks, pencils, pens were distributed to the orphanage students at Good life centre children's home, Tambaram, Chennai on 13.3.17.
For more Photos...
Women's Day Celebrations - on 08/03/2017.
Asan college celebrate the International Women's Day. The Chief Guest Mrs. k. Saraswathi, Secretary General, Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry Chennai, Ms. B. Vijayalakshmi, Senior Editor, Deccan Chronicle, Chennai, Dr.T.G.Sivaranjani, Director. Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Dr. Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai.
The college honoured Senior house keeping staff Mrs. Chandra who had completed the 28 years of service in our institution.
For more Photos...
23 rd Annual Sports meet conducted- on 07/03/2017.
23 rd annual sports meet conducted on 7 - 3 - 2017. Chief guest Dr.V.Magadevan, Director of physical education, Member Syndicate, University of Madras. Delivered the Validictery address and Distributed merit certificate, cups and medals. Individual championship for men Mr. Merish Raj MBA I, Individual championship for women shared by Miss Cilpa revathy BBA III & Miss Vishnu Priya B.Com ( C.S) II, Overall championship for games and sports shift II - B.Com(G), Overall championship for games and sports shift I - B.Com( CS ).For more Photos...
IQAC on 04/03/2017.
An National conference on *IQAC* organized by Asan Memorial College of Arts & science, Chennai-100; This is going to be held on 4th March, 2017 (Saturday) at our College Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Tambaram to Velachery Main Road, Jaladampet, Chennai-100.For more Photos...
“Awareness Campaign on Rubella” programme on 24/2/2017.
The Rotaract Club of Asan and National Service Scheme (NSS) of Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science combined, organized an “Awareness Campaign on Rubella” a programme exclusively directed towards women students at the MBA Conference Hall, Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science between 10.00am to 12.00pm on 24th Feb 2017. The event was graced by our chief guests DR.NALINI RAMAMURTHY, Chairperson, Institutional Ethics Committee for Research, Sri Ramachandra Medical University, MRS.NALINI PRABHAKARAN, Past Chairman And Member Of Innerwheel and MS.ARASI PONMOZHI, Past President And Project Coordinator Of Inner Wheel Club. A total of 200 women students attended the programme and got a detailed insight into Rubella, its history, symptoms, causes, precautions and prevention. The session was made interactive and lively and understanding for the students. Pamphlets regarding Rubella and consent forms regarding Rubella vaccination were distributed to the students.
For more Photos...
“KARUTHU KALAM” programme on 19/2/2017.
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar, NSS Programme Officer and 35 NSS Volunteers of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science participated in “KARUTHU KALAM” programme for Podhigai Channel on 19/2/2017.
For more Photos...
one day training programme on February 6, 2017.
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar, NSS Programme Officer and V. Vigneshwar, I B.Com(CS) NSS volunteer participated in one day training programme in Human Rights conducted by Anna Institute of .Management, sponsored by National Human Rights Commission, Government of India, New Delhi on 6th February 2017.
For more Photos...
World Cancer Day Walkathon on February 5, 2017.
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar, NSS Programme Officer and 30 NSS volunteers participated in DATRI’s Walk to Gift, A Life Walkathon on 5th Febrauary 2017.
For more Photos...
World Wet Land Day celebration on February 2, 2017.
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar, Mr.K. Giridharan, NSS Programme Officers and 50 NSS volunteers, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, participated in a rally for World Wet Land Day celebration, organized by Tamilnadu Forest Department on February 2, 2017. Several competitions were held. Mr.M.Delip Kumar , II B.Sc(Vis.Com) secured first place in drawing competition and P. Ajith Kumar, I B.Sc(Vis.Com) secured II place followed by S.Muthukrishnan I B.Sc(Vis.Com) secured III place.
For more Photos...
“WALKING A MILE MAKES YOU SMILE” on - on 30th Jan, 2017.
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar, NSS Programme Officer and 50 NSS Volunteers of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science participated in Chennai Walkathon 2017 organised by Gandhi World Foundation, with the theme “WALKING A MILE MAKES YOU SMILE” on 30th January 2017 in the occasion 69th Memorial Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi at Marina Beach.
For more Photos...
Swami Vivekananda’s 154th birthday - on 12th Jan, 2017.
NSS Unit of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science celebrated Swami Vivekananda’s 154th birthday on 12-01-2017. The inaugural address was given by Dr. T.S.Santhi, Director, AMIMA, Presidential address by Dr.S.Ramanathan, Principal, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science & Member-Syndicate, University of Madras, Special address by Dr.T.Milton, HOD,Hotel Management and key note address by Dr.Pon.Ramesh Kumar, NSS Programme Officer. Several competitions were held and prizes were distributed.
For more Photos...
National Integration Camp - on 3rd to 9th(7 days) December, 2016.
Mr.S.RuthRaj and Mr.S.Kanthan, NSS Volunteer, II B.Com(G), participated in the National Integration Camp jointly organized by the Regional Directorate of N.S.S. Bengaluru and Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ballari at Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ballari, Karnataka, from 3rd to 9th (7 days) December, 2016.
For more Photos...
Nature Walk - on - 26 th Nov 2016
The Rotary International District 3230, Club Administration Team (2016-17) organized a programme ‘NATURE WALK’, a fun, eco and educational tour inside ‘Tholkapia Poonga’ (Adyar Eco Park) on 26th November 2016 between 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Rotaract volunteers from the Rotaract Club of Asan (2016-17) participated in this nature walk and enjoyed and learned about the environment from Ms.Banumathy, Environmentalist.
For more Photos...
Constitution day celebration On - 26-11-2016
NSS National Adventure Camp on - 26 Oct to 4 Nov 2016
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar,NSS Programme Officer and Mr.R.Arun Singh of II B.Com(G),Shift-II, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, successfully completed the Adventure Camp(Skiing) from 26-10-2016 to 4-11-2016(10 days), organized by Govt.,of Himachal Pradesh and acquired proficiency in elementary skills of Rock Climbing, Rappelling, River Crossing, Trekking, Camping, Mountain Rescue Methods, Survival, Social Awareness and Leadership. The Adventure Training was conducted in the wilderness of the Himalayas. They trekked 80kms and attained 12000 feet height.
NSS on - 27 th Oct 2016
Mr.Giridharan,NSS Programme Officer, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science and 15 NSS volunteers attended one day training programme on Pre Monsoon First Aid Disaster Management, organized by the Government of Tamil Nadu and NSS Unit, University of Madras on 27-10-2016.For more Photos...
Rotaract Club ALERT a THON Marathon - 9th Oct 2016
ALERT, a non-profit organization, organized ALERT-A-THON a run held on the 9th of October 2016 at DB Jain College from 5a.m onwards to encourage newbies to participate and take up fitness on a regular basis and to create awareness in the society on first aid & emergency care. Student representatives from the Rotaract Club of Asan (2016-17) participated in the marathon and demonstrated their support for a healthy living.
For more Photos...
Rotaract Club Musical Extravaganza- 02 nd Oct 2016
Two-to-Tango a fund raising Musical Extravaganza sponsored by our parent club, the Rotary Club of Madras South was organized on 2nd October 2016. The rotaract volunteers of the Rotaract Club of Asan (2016-17) attended the programme and contributed to the fund raiser.
For more Photos...
NSS on - 02 nd Oct 2016
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar & 20 NSS Volunteers of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science Participated in a cycle rally and planted trees at Gandhi Mandapam on 2nd October 2016, in account of celebrating 148th birthday of Gandhiji organized by the Government of Tamil nadu.For more Photos...
Rotaract Club -‘FIRST AID AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE’- 28thSept 2016
The Rotaract Club of Asan along with ALERT, a non-profit organization that spreads awareness about wellness in the society is going to organized a training session on ‘FIRST AID AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE’ on 28th of September 2016 at the MBA Conference Hall from 10.00 onwards.
The programme began with a formal welcome followed by the training session by Trainer Mr.Jagadish, Manager, ALERT-Bangalore Branch and Co-Trainer Ms.Nivedha Karthik, Programme Officer, ALERT- Chennai Branch. The session included video clippings of how to attend to emergency situations and also provided with practical demonstrations showing how the procedures must be done in golden hour situations. The training session created awareness and was very useful for the students. The students also volunteered in the sessions and had a hands-on experience with the training mannequin which made the session more valuable.
ALERT is also going to promoted the cause of ALERT-A-THON (awareness rally) in our campus on 28th of September, 2016 from 1.30pm onwards. They also opened up on the spot registration for the students to participate in the ALERT-A-THON campaign. Interested students met the representatives on that day and registered their participation for the campaign.
For more Photos...
Rotaract Club -NAKSHATRA 13 - InterCollegiate Cultural Event on
- 25thSept 2016
NAKSHATRA-13, sponsored by Rotary Club of Ambattur, conducted a Fund Raising Inter-Rotaract Cultural Event on September 25th 2016 @ Santhome Higher Secondary School Auditorium, Mylapore. The funds raised were donated to the cause of POVERTY “FEEL THE HUNGER, FEED THE HUNGRY”. There programme had online events, onstage events and off stage events to showcase students talents.58 Students representing the Rotaract Club of Asan participated in various events and supported to the social cause.
Rotaract Club - RMD Specialties Hospital - Awareness Rally and
Inauguration - 18thSept 2016
RMD PAIN AND PALLIATIVE CARE TRUST – AWARENESS RALLY – 18 th Sept 2016
We are glad to inform you that the Asan Rotaract Club(2016-17) volunteers and faculty attended the Grand Opening of RMD Specialties Hospital at Sriperumbudur on 18 th September 2016. The Ceremony included an Awareness Rally by students from various colleges. Asan Rotaract Club Volunteers attended the rally to create awareness on Prevention of Cancer and Palliative care for terminally ill cancer patients.
The hospital was inaugurated by Padma Vibhushan Dr.V.Shantha, Chairman, Cancer Institute WIA and Mr.RSrikanth, Director, Chennai Willindon Coporate Foundation, Brakes India Ltd Joint Managing Director. At the end of the inauguration participation certificates were distributed to the students who attended the awareness rally and supported this good cause. Refreshments and Lunch was provided to the participants.
NSS Programme Officer the Training Of Trainers Programme - 10thSept 2016
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar, NSS Programme Officer completed the Training Of Trainers Programme on Environment and Sustainable Development for NSS Programme Officers conducted by Hand in Hand Academy for Social Entrepreneurship in collaboration with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Sriperumputhur from 6th to 10th September 2016 at Hand in Hand India Head Office, Kanchipuram.Photos...
Rotaract Club organized ‘IMPRESARIO Exhibition’on - 10thSept 2016
St.Louis Institute for the Deaf and the Blind, Adyar, Chennai 20 is organized a street fair festival (IMPRESARIO) at their school premises on Saturday 10th September 2016 from 9 am to 5 pm. In this street fair festival, a variety of handicraft materials made by differently abled [Visually challenged, Mentally challenged, Hearing Impaired Physically challenged and so on) was exhibited for sale. The differently abled also exhibited their talents through a very impressive orchestra.
The Asan Rotaract Club volunteers and office bearers attended the exhibition and purchased the items kept for sale to lend a hand for this social cause and encouraged the children.
Rotaract Club organized “WINNING EDGE - Rotary Youth Leadership Programme”on - 06thSept 2016
The Rotary Club of Madras South, Parent Club of Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) organized a 4 session “WINNING EDGE - Rotary Youth Leadership Programme”. Ten students were selected to attend the programme and represent our institution. As per schedule, the session began on 20 th Aug 2016, 2 nd session on 27 th and 3 rd session on 31 st Aug 2016, the last session scheduled on 6 th Sept 2016 concluded successfully. All students attended these sessions and found the programme to be very useful, informative and though provoking.
Rotaract Club organized ‘PRISM OF POSSIBILITIES’on - 04thSept 2016
On 4 th September 2016, the office bearers of Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) attended the ‘Annual District Rotaract Assembly of the Year 2016 - PRISM OF POSSIBILITIES’ organized by District Rotaract Council 16-17, Rotary International District 3230, at the Chettinad Health City, Kelambakkam at 9.00 am. The event started in a very grand & entertaining manner. Separate training sessions were conducted for the Presidents, Vice presidents, Secretaries, Avenue directors and the green rotractors. They were addressed by eminent personalities who were an integral part of Rotary & Rotaract. The members were given training on leadership qualities with special focus on their respective posts. They were told about their responsibilities as being a board member of Rotaract. The members were hugely benefited by the training sessions. Various awards were given to the Community & College based Rotaract clubs in the valedictory function. The program also included several cultural events. The programme came to an end at 4.00pm.
Rotaract Club organized an awareness for ALERT-A-THON drive"on - 30thAugust 2016
ALERT, a non-profit organization in association with the Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) on 30th August 2016, organized an awareness cum registration campaign for its ALERT-A-THON drive at our college premises from 10.45am to 4.00pm.
ALERT-A-THON is a run to be held on the 9th of October 2016 in the city of Chennai to encourage newbies to participate and take up fitness on a regular basis and to create awareness in the society on first aid & emergency care.
Ms.Nivedha Karthik, Programme Officer, ALERT and Mr.V.Selvendran, Volunteer, ALERT were present to promote this campaign. Interested students of Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science gathered and received information on the campaign and the ALERT-A-THON run scheduled. Few interested students paid and registered their names for the run, many other interested students had promised to register online and be a part of the social cause.Photos...
NSS-University Workshop on "Digital India" 24thAugust 2016
Dr.P.Ramesh Kumar & NSS Volunteers of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science participated in a University Workshop on "Digital India" organised by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India on 24th August 2016 at University of Madras. Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science awarded the Runner-up Trophy in Quiz Competition organized as part of Digital India Workshop.Photos...
Rotaract Club organised to celebrate Madras Week on 24thAugust 2016
The Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) Madras Week Celebrations was convened on 24th August 2016 at the MBA Conference Hall between 11.30am to 1.30pm. The ceremony was presided over by Rtn.S.R.Madu, Writer-Editor, Mr. ‘Poochi’ Venkat, Environmentalist and Naturalist and Rtn.Srikanth, Director-Youth Services, Rotary Club of Madras South. Dr.S.Ramanathan, Principal, Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science also presided over the ceremony to felicitate the occasion.
The function started with G.Anandsekaran, President, Asan Rotaract Club calling the meeting to order, followed by the invocation. R.Aadarsh, Director- PR & Communication, Asan Rotaract Club, welcomed the dignitaries. Dr.S.Ramanathan, Principal, Asan Memorial College honoured the guests with bouquets. Rtn.Srikanth, Director-Youth Services, Rotary Club of Madras South addressed the gathering and discussed about the functions of rotary and rotaract especially during the Madras Week Celebrations and encouraged the team to contribute more to this social cause. Rtn.S.R.Madhu, Writer-Editor, with his vast expertise in journalism and photography discussed about Madras Day and it significance and gave a tribute to Madras and all its achievements so far. He also introduced the Chief Guest of the day, Mr.‘Poochi’ Venkat, Environmentalist & Naturalist and welcomed him to take over the programme.
As a part of our Madras Week Celebrations, The Asan Rotaract Club - of Asan Memorial College of Art and Science conducted several competitions, photography, essay writing, poster making and ‘Madras Quiz’. The dignitaries distributed prizes and certificates for the winners of the events conducted.. The vote of thanks was proposed by R.Praveen, Director-Program Coordinator, Asan Rotaract Club. The President, Asan Rotaract Club adjourned the meeting. The programme ended with the National Anthem. After the programme, the dignitaries visited the photo exhibition and appreciated the efforts of the participants.Photos...
Rotaract Club organised on TERRY FOX RUN, CHENNAI' 21stAugust 2016
The Rotary Club of Madras East is organized a Rally (either Run, Walk, Cycle or Skate) TERRY FOX RUN, CHENNAI 2016 for Cancer Research on 21st August 2016 (Sunday) at the IIT Madras Campus between 8am to 11am.
Rotaract Club organised on “WINNING EDGE - Rotary Youth Leadership Programme” 20thAugust 2016
The Rotary Club of Madras South, Parent Club of Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) have organized a 4 days 3 hour session of “WINNING EDGE - Rotary Youth Leadership Programme” scheduled from 20th August to 6th September 2016. We are glad to say that the 10 representatives selected through the Asan Rotaract Club, attended the inaugural programme followed by the 3 hour session on 20th August 2016 at the College of Engineering, Guindy campus. All members have given very positive feedback of the programme. We wish them to have a very useful and enlightening experience from the forthcoming sessions too.
Rotaract Club organised a session on 'Realizing Dreams' 18thAugust 2016
The Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) organized an Enlightening Speech on ‘Realizing Dreams’ on 18th August 2016 at the MBA Conference Hall between 11.00 am to 1.00pm. The programme began with the Invocation. The Guest Speaker of the day, Rtn.Venkatesh Narayanasamy, CEO-Innovative Services & District Associate Chairman was honoured with the presentation of a bouquet. A brief introduction of the guest was given and he took over the dias and gave his speech on 5 essentials factors necessary to reach realize one’s dreams accompanied with an activity for students involved for each essential activity spoken.Rtn.Venkatesh Narayanasamy, CEO, Innovative services was the Guest Speaker..
At the end of his speech he presented the Asan Rotaract Club(2016-17) with four copies of a book on ‘Medaiyil Pesalaam Vaanga’ by K.Olivannan to be presented and used for the benefit of students. Student volunteers gave their feedback and the programme ended with the National Anthem.
Asan Rotaract Club- 15th August (2016-17) - SHARE SMILES programme
The Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) volunteers are organizing a Project “Share Smiles”, an Entertainment Programme for the Terminally ill Cancer Patients at the RMD PAIN AND PALLIATIVE CARE TRUST, Maduravoyl, Chennai-95 on 15th August 2016 between 11.00am to 1.00pm. The Activities decided are Dumb Charades, Dance, Anthakshari, Mimicking Performance, Rapping and also involving the patients to perform their talent.
The Rotaract volunteers and Staff reached the Hospice at 10.30am and visited each patient and wished them a happy independence day and presented them with an Independence Day hand band, majority of patients were bed ridden at the Hospice and hence they
were entertained in their respective rooms. Students then sang songs with them, listened to their stories, entertained them by mimicking personalities, dancing and cheering them up.
After visiting the bed-ridden patients, the entertainment programme continued for the rest of the patients and staff of the hospice. Dumb charades, rapping, dancing, mimicking, stand-up comedy were all performed by the volunteers. The volunteers also provided their support by providing them with basic necessity items such as towels, tissues, waste bin bags and sanitary products for the hospice use and also financial aid. Rotaract volunteers also brought home-made food for the patients. The programme ended by cutting of a Tri-coloured cake, and singing of the National Anthem.
On behalf of Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science, the Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) gifted a hand-made card with the wishes and prayers of all the faculty of the institution and the volunteers at the programme.
NSS & Rotaract Participated in Special Swachh Bharath Campaign & International Youth Day - on 12th August 2016
NSS & Rotaract Volunteers for the Participation in Special Swachh Bharath Campaign , Madras University & International Youth Day - on 12th August 2016.
The NSS Unit of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science participated in the workshop on “Youth for better Tomorrow” in connection with ‘International Youth Day 2016’ organized by NSS, University of Madras and Youth wing, Brahma Kumaris, Chennai on 12th August 2016 at University of Madras.
The celebration began with campus cleaning, Massive tree plantations, Health awareness and Youth empowerment competitions. Delip Kumar K of II B.Sc(Vis.Com) and Subharagi R of II B.Com(G) won I prize in Drawing and Poetry competitions respectively.
Rotaract Club "MADRAS DAY"Collage Competition Programme 11th August 2016
Students Participating in the MADRAS DAY - Collage Competition on 11th AUGUST 2016, VENUE - Visual Communication Drawing Hall organised by the ASAN ROTARACT CLUB (2016-17) , Staff Incharge - Jancy Joseph, Dept of Commerce - Shift I Approximately 20 participants of Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science participated in the competition.
Rotaract Club (2016-17) – Rotaract Orientation Programme 10th August 2016
The Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) organized the Rotaract Orientation Programme on 10th August 2016 at the MBA Conference Hall between 10.00 am to 12.00pm. The programme was presided over by ROTRACTOR. SHEIK MOHAMED, ROTARACT CLUB OF AMBATTUR and ROTRACTOR. BRITTO, ROTARACT CLUB OF LOYOLA COMMUNITY, DISTRICT PROFESSIONAL SERVICE TEAM, who were the Guest Speakers of the day, DR.S.RAMANTHAN, PRINCIPAL, Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science also presided over the function.
The ceremony started with the President of Asan Rotaract Club, Mr.G.Anandsekaran calling the meeting to order, followed by the Invocation. The President Mr.G.Anandsekaran, Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) welcomed the dignitaries. Bouquets were presented to honour the Guests of the programme. The Felicitation was given by DR.S.RAMANTHAN, PRINCIPAL, Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science. The Guest Speaker of the Day, ROTRACTOR. BRITTO, ROTARACT CLUB OF LOYOLA COMMUNITY, DISTRICT PROFESSIONAL SERVICE TEAM shared his experience as a Rotaract Member and in what way it will change the life the individual and the community. He also suggested several projects that can be beneficial to the society and also serve as a learning ground for the Rotaract members. ROTRACTOR. SHEIK MOHAMED, ROTARACT CLUB OF AMBATTUR, DISTRICT PROFESSIONAL SERVICE TEAM explained the roles and responsibilities of Rotaract Members and the four avenues of rotaract, namely, club service, community service, professional service and rotaract international, he also guided them to take up initiatives and projects that will help them develop themselves and do good to the society.
Mr.R.Aadarsh, Director-PR & Communication, Asan Rotaract Club (2016-17) delivered the vote of thanks. The President Mr.G.Anandsekaran adjourned the meeting. The programme ended with the National Anthem.
Rotaract Club on -6 th August 2016
I M.vigneshwar B.com (G) Vice President of Rotaract Club and Adarsh Nair B.C.A Director of Rotaract Club of Shift -II was a part of Palliative trust Programme on 06.08.2016.
Palliative care is specialized medical care for people with serious illness. It focuses on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness.
This organization provides pain relief and palliative care to terminally il patients and their families through medical care and counseling .the trust provides outpatient services and home visits, family supports and counseling Grief and bereavement support.
18th Graduation Day - on 6th Aug 2016
18th Graduation Day of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science was celebrated on 6th August 2016 at College Auditorium .The Guest of Honour was Col.Dr.G.Thiruvasagam, Vice-Chancellor, AMET University.
District Rotaract Council on - 31st July 2016
The District Rotaract Council 2016-17 RID 3230 for the very first time joins hands in association with Income Tax Department conducted a Trio Rally to promote awareness on "Assets Declaration Scheme" on Sunday, 31st July 2016 at 6am at Elliots Beach, Besant Nagar.The Rotaract Volunteers of Asan Rotaract Club(2016-17) attended the rally.The Office bearers then attended the 4th Council meeting at Nahar Hall that started at 11am and ended by 2pm.
Photos of Rotaract Club ( 2016-17)
Asan Rotaract Club ( 2016-17) Installation Report
The Asan Rotaract Club(2016-17) Installation Ceremony was organized on 28th July 2016 at the MBA Conference Hall between 11.30 am to 12.30pm. The ceremony was presided over by Rtn.S.ASha Marina, President, Rotary Club Madras South, who was the Chief Guest of the day, Rtn.PP.Dhanakodi, District Rotaract Representative Elect was the Special Guest for the Ceremony, Rtn.Venkatesh Narayanasamy, District Associate Chairman Rotaract was the Guest of Honour and Rtn.M.C.Srikanth, Director Youth Services, Rotary Club Madras South were the guests for the ceremony. Dr.S.Ramanthan, Principal, Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science also presided over the ceremony to felicitate the occasion.
The ceremony started with the Outgoing President Mr.JaiVignesh calling the meeting to order, followed by Invocation by Rotaract Volunteers, the outgoing president then welcomed the dignitaries followed by which the New President, Mr.G.Anandsekaran for the Asan Rotaract Club(2016-17) and office bearers were inducted by the dignitaries. The New Secretary Ms.Kiran Srinivasan presented the plan of action for the Academic year (2016-17) on the theme ‘Women Empowerment’ and tentative activities planned based on the theme.
Dr.S.Ramanthan, Principal, Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science felicitated the occasion, followed by the which Rtn.M.C.Srikanth, Director Youth Services, Rotary Club Madras South addressed the students, Rtn.S.Asha Marina, President, Rotary Club Madras South, Chief Guest of the day talked to the members about their responsibilities of rotaract members, Special Guest for the Ceremony, Rtn.PP.Dhanakodi, District Rotaract Representative Elect had a very enlighting talk with the students and provided ideas how to take up rotaract projects and Rtn.Venkatesh Narayanasamy, District Associate Chairman Rotaract, Guest of Honour, mentioned the importance of networking as a key factor of doing humanitarian services. Yogeswari, Resource Mobilization & Public Relations of RMD Pain and Palliative Care Trust, rendered an awareness towards care for cancer patients and encouraged the rotaract students to take initiatives to work on a project for the same. The vote of thanks was given by the Vice President, Asan Rotaract Club(2016-17), The program concluded with the New president adjourning the meeting followed by the National Anthem.
YRC - Computer Awareness Program was conducted by MCA Students
on - 25th to 27thJuly 2016
Department of MCA and YRC of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science joined hands in spreading computer literacy to the society by conducting three days programme (25th – 27th July 2016) for the Higher Secondary students of Government School, Pallikaranai, Chennai – 100.
First Anniversary of Kalam
The NSS unit of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science honoured the death anniversary of Dr.A.P.J Adbdul Kalam by planting 100 trees within the college campus on 27th July 2016.
National Service Scheme Unit - Green Kalam Rally
The NSS Unit of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, participated in the Rally on “GREEN KALAM” held on 24th July 2016 at Marina from Kannagi Statue to Gandhi Statue followed by a Brain Storming session on Project “GREEN KALAM” at Queen Mary’s College, Chennai organized by Sai Prasanna Foundation,Chennai & National Service Scheme, University of Madras.
National Service Scheme Unit - Green Kalam Rally Invitation
Walkathan on Swachh Bharath Abhiyan on-23rd June 2016
National Service Scheme activities
The National Service Scheme of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Jaladampet, Chennai-600 100, organized Blood donation camp on 19th July 2016. 187 Units of Blood were collected from both students and staff members by Medical Officers, Kilpauk Medical College & Hospital and Govt.Hospital for Women & Children, Egmore.
22 nd Annual Day Celebrations
Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science (AMCAS): 22nd Annual Day Celebrations was held on 16.03.2016 at 04.00 p.m in the College Auditorium at Jaladampet Campus . Prof.P.David Jawahar, Registrar, University of Madras,Chennai was the Guest of Honour for the day.
South Indian Poetry – Golden Jubilee Literary Meet
Golden Jubilee Literary Meet on South Indian Poetry “ Kavisammelanam” and “Asan Smaraka Kavitha Puraskaram – 2014” at Ammu Swaminthan Auditorium, Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School, celebrated this special occasion on 4th and 5th April 2015, saw famous poets cherishing their experience and finally distributing mementos with the crowd in full cheer.
On 4th April 2015, Day one of the Global Jubilee Literary Meeting started with Welcome Address by Smt, Shyamala Jayaprakash, General Secretary, Asan Memorial Association. The Presidential Address followed by Dr. C.K. Revi, President, Asan Memorial Association who spoke on the importance of the meet and also introduced the honors of the meeting. Sri. C. Radhakrishnan presented the inaugural address with loud applause from the audience. The start was then preceded by keynote Address, Sri. Satchidanandan on the topic – Indian Poetry: Modernism and After. He brought lots of informative thoughts to the audience who went speechless on knowing the insights of modernism and poetry after. The felicitation followed by Sri. Erode Thamizhanban, Sri. K.A. Johny and Sri. SS. Pillai.
Followed by the academic session in different southern languages; starting from Malayalam by Dr. E.K. Purushothaman, Chairman and Resource Persons; Dr. K.S. Revikumar, Dr. C.R. Prasad and Dr. P.M. Girish. The academic session in Tamil under Dr. Balu, Head, Dept. of Tamil, University of Madras and Resource Persons; Dr. Sirpi Balasubramaniam, Dr. C.V. Geetha and Smt. Vennila. The evening began with Telugu academic session under the presence of Dr. G.V.S.R. Krishna Murthy, Chairman and resource persons; Prof. N. Gopi and Dr. N. Sampath Kumar. The final event for the day was Kannada academic session with Dr. Vijayaraghavan, Chairman and resource persons; Dr. Narahalli Balasubramaniam and Dr. Y. Gopalakrishnan.
On 5th April 2015, Day two of the Global Jubilee Literary Meeting started with the South Indian Poets Meet and Sharing of Poetic Experience. There was so much of real life learning experience to know on the poetic talent. All southern language poets shared their experience with great enthusiasm starting from Malayalam; Sri. Satchidanandan, Sri. Prabha Varma, Sri. Desamangalam Ramakrishnan, Smt. Girija P. Pathekkara, Smt. Sampreetha and Dr. Raveendraraja; Tamil; Sri. Erode Thamizhanban, Smt. Vennila and Smt. Sukritharani; Telugu; Prof. N. Gopi, Sri. Devaraju Maharaju, Sri. Ethakotta Subbarao and Dr. Shankara Rao; Kannada; Sri. Lakshmipathi Kolara and Smt. D. B. Razia.
Evening was the time to honor Sri. Prabha Varma with “Presentation of Asan Smaraka Kavitha Puraskaram – 2014” (Asan Prize for Poetry). The welcome address was given by Dr. C.G. Rajendra Babu followed by Presidential Address by Dr. C.K. Revi who then called Dr. A.V. Annoop to introduce Sr. Prabha Varma, the poet. He shared valuable information about the poet. Sri. Perumbadavom Sreedharan, President, Kerala Sahithya Akademi presented the award and address witnessed and applauded by audience. Dr. E.K. Purushothaman did the reading of citation and the presentation of citation was by Sri. K.S. Sethumadhavan. Special address by Sri. Satchidanandan and response by Sri. Prabha Varma. The mementoes were presented to all the South Indian Poets in the presence of Smt. Shyamala Jayaprakash, General Secretary, Asan Memorial Association. The function ended gracefully with vote of thanks.
21 st Annual Day Celebrations
Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science (AMCAS): 21st Annual Day Celebrations on 14.03.2015 at 10.30 a.m in the College Auditorium, Jaladampet Campus .Chief Guest : Dr.A.R.Veeramani, Dean, College Development Council, University of Madras, Chennai
Best Consumer Club held on 11th February 2015.
Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department awarded Third Prize to our college for outstanding performance as the “Best Consumer Club” on 11th February 2015.
Cricket Tournament 2015
Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science cricket team were the Runners Up at the Inter-Collegiate Cricket Tournament held between February 5th -8th, 2015 organised by Kumararani Meena Muthiah College of Arts and Science, Chennai.
In the thrilling finals between CTS and AMCAS at the Cricket Tournament for Corporate vs. College, AMCAS cricket team ended up being the runners up. The Tournament organised by Kumararani Meena Muthiah College of Arts and Science, Chennai; was held from February 5th – 8th, 2015 and saw participation of 8 teams from the corporate sector and 8 colleges. The runners up team received a cash prize of Rs. 20,000/-.
Inter-Collegiate Volleyball and Football Tournament
10th Asan Memorial Inter-Collegiate Volleyball and Football tournament was held on 3rd and 4th February 2015 in Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science, Jaladampet Campus. 34 Teams from city colleges participated in the events (Football and Volleyball).
1st place - D. B. Jain College, Thoraipakkam, Chennai
2nd place - Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Chennai
3rd place - Agarsen College, Chennai
1st place - Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Chennai
2nd place - Thiruthangal Nadar College, Chennai
3rd place - D. B. Jain College, Thoraipakkam, Chennai
65th Anniversary of Youth Red Cross
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Chennai
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of our college organised a National Conference on "Quality Enrichment - A Pinnacle for Higher Educational Institutions" on 21st February 2015.
Placement Training program
62 NSS volunteers participated in the "SHRAMDAAN - A Special Cleanliness Drive" (initiated by our prime minister) organized by Southern Railway, Chennai on 02/10/2014 between 09.00hrs and 17 hrs at Perungudi.
Ayutha Pooja Celebration
Onam Celebration 2014
Activites of Youth Red Cross
1. First Aid training programme was conducted for volunteers by Mr.N.subramanian IRCS, Tamil Nadu Branch. 79 Volunteers and 3 Staffs Members participated in the programme . Certificates will be given to all from Indian Red cross Society & St.Jihns Ambulance.
2. Soft Skill Spoken English Programme was conducted by our volunteers in Government Higher Secondary School, Pallikaranai for THREE days (11.08.2014 to 13.08.2014). 35 participants attended the programme and prizes were given to the best performers.
The two-day cultural fest “GENESIS 2014” organized by Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School and Kumaran Asan Memorial Higher Secondary School, which began on August 13th in the Ammu Swaminathan Auditorium at the Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School campus came to a close on August 14th.
GENESIS 2014 offers a platform for students from various schools to let loose their spirit and become a part of the excitement and energy of this event. It is a chance for everyone to unleash their creativity and showcase their talent. The event attracts entries in huge numbers from participants across schools in Chennai to compete.
The Chief guests for the inauguration of the cultural extravaganza were Film Director Prabhu Solomon, Mrs. Rekha Thankappan - CEO of Dr. Mohan’s Group of Institutions, and Dr. Gautham Babu – Executive Director, Asan Memorial Educational Institutions amidst great enthusiasm and eagerness. The closing ceremony of the cultural fest had Film Director Vijay and Actor Amitash Pradhan “Velaiyilla Pattathari” fame, wherein they presided over the valedictory function and gave away the prizes to the winners respectively.
Asan Golden Jubilee Celebrations
CURTAIN RAISER: 50 YEARS OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE 2015
Approaching the 50th year of its journey of academic excellence in 2015, Asan Memorial Association, had its curtain raiser of the Golden Jubilee Celebrations on Sunday, July 27th 2014. It was the vision of Sri. A. K. Gopalan Chairman & Founder Secretary with few other friends who were eminent literary figures and those deeply interested in public affairs decided to start and establish an independent memorial to Mahakavi Kumaran Asan in the city of Madras. What started as a small temporary shed has now bloomed into established and successful high-quality educational institutions that cater to the basic, vocational and higher educational needs of the children of malayalees and non-malayalees in the city of Chennai, under the stewardship of Sri. A. K. Gopalan fondly called AKG.
The inaugural function of the Golden Jubilee Celebration was held at the auditorium in the Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School campus, and started with the lighting of the ceremonial lamp by the guests on the dais and a prayer sung beautifully by the school students. The Chief Guest and the Guest of Honour for the evening were his Excellency Dr. K. Rosaiah, the Governor of Tamilnadu and Dr. K. Radhakrishnan, Chairman, Indian Space Research Organization respectively.
The function had the welcome speech addressed by Sashi Kumar, Chairman, Golden Jubilee Celebration Committee while Dr. C. K. Revi, President of the Asan Memorial Association, presided over the function. "The Association has been giving the Asan Smaraka Kavitha Puraskaram and we are instituting a new award for journalism this year," he said. This was followed by Mrs. Shyamala Jayaprakash, General Secretary's introductory speech on the various scholarships that has been initiated. The evening concluded with a light music program.
Commemorating this special occasion, the new AKG Public School was launched at Pallikaranai, Chennai. The committee with a defined plan will be celebrating the Golden Jubilee with a host of events throughout the year 2014-2015. Onam Celebrations, education and literary seminars are among the many events planned.
To mark the 50th Anniversary, the association have initiated the Asan Golden Jubilee Merit-based Education Scholarships and the A K Gopalan Navathi Scholarship, in honour of its Founder, for school students based on economic need worth Rs. 50-75 lakh. They have also introduced awards including an Asan National News Media Award for Best Editorial Contribution with Social Relevance. It would look at journalistic work that has a transformative value in the print media in English and Indian languages. The nominations are expected to be received by February 2015 which is 2 months before the presentation of the award. The award will comprise a plaque, a citation and a cash component of Rs. 1,00,000/- and will be presented in April 2015 to coincide with Kumaran Asan's birthday.
Press Meet - Asan Golden Jubilee Celebrations
Asan Group of Educational Institutions celebrated women's day function in a grand manner. This Mega Event organised for 3 days (26th, 27th Feb and 4th March 2014). Various events like panel discussion, Self defense workshop and competitions such as poster making, MIME show, Talk show, online photography, chess, Table tennis, Kho Kho were conducted
8th ASAN VIDEO AWARDS
- Chief Guest Mr. Siva, Film Director
- Special Guest M.Guru Ramesh, Film Director of Upcoming Film Enna Satham Indha neeram.
- Mr.K.S.Sethumadhavan, Film Director, Chief Jury & Management Committee Member
- Dr.A.V.Anoop, Chairman Management Committee, Asan Memorial College Management Committee
- Mrs.Shyamala Jayaprakash, General Secretary, Asan Memorial Educational Institutions
- Dr.E.K.Purushothaman, Joint Secretary, Asan Memorial Educational Institutions
- Dr. S. Ramanathan, Principal, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science.
- Mrs. Shanthi Director, Asan Institute of Management.
VII AVA REPORT - 2013
Asan Memorial College, an abode of education, has been in to existence since 1994 and from then it has maintained its dignity in enlightening the students with the motto - Duty, Integrity and Discipline.
The visual communication department was started in the year 2004 and we take pride in telling that we are one among the best of the colleges offering this course AVA is the prime event of visual communication department started in the year 2007 with the guidance of noted Film Director Mr. K.S. Sethumadhavan patron of film direction and Mr P.C. Sreeram, ace cinematographer. This national level video festival is an event where students from all over the country exhibit their talents in videography. Mr. Sethu Madhavan, Mr. Madhu Ambatt and Mr. R.R. Srinivasan were the jury Chairpersons who were the guiding spirits behind this event. This occasion was always made more special by our Chief Guests and Guests of Honour . Personalities like Cinematographer P.C. Sreeram, Actor Sathyaraj, Actor and Former M.P. S.Ve. Shekar, Actor and Director 'Kalai Mamani' Abhishek, Lakshmi Ramakrishnan, Gnana Rajasekharen, Producer P.L. Thennappan had come as our Chief Guests. Director Mr. Raasu Madhuravan, Actor and Former M.P. Mr. Sarath Kumar, Director Mr. Balaji Mohan and Director Mr. Salim Ahmed had made this an event special one with their presence. Event of this year
we got many entries enveloped with dreams and hopes in hitting the Asan Video Awards and the number has been increasing steadily every year. The Winners of the 8th AVA 2014 were given prizes worth Rs. 75,000.
The event was conducted on 07/03/2014 by the Visual Communication department. The award was given to the categories for Ad Film, Short film, Documentary film and Animation Film. The chief Guest Mr. Siva, Director of Siruthai and Veeram film delivered his speech and had an interactive session with the students.
"Cat mint" Mr. Sunny Hayat from Maya academy of advance cinematic, chatterjee international center, kolkata got the First Prize in Animation Film Category.
"The untitled" Mr. Jithin Nambiar from won the First Prize in The Documentary Film Category. "Iodex"Mr. Dinesh kumar from Anna won First Prize in The Ad Film Category And "Nia" the First Prize for The Short Film was won by Mr. Jithin Nambiar from L.V Prasad film & television academy
This year we had got around 150 entries from all over the country and our jury headed by the legendary Film maker Mr. K.S. Sethumadhavan and actor Director Mr. S. Shivpprasadh – Producer, and Journalist, Mr.Muneer Ahamed and Dr. Vijaya Raghavan – Regional Director, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has chosen the best Films for the Prestigious 8th Asan Video Awards.
January 5th, 2014 marked the 90th birthday of founder secretary Sri. A.K. Gopalan fondly called AKG, an exemplary visionary and educationist. Asan Memorial Association Chennai, founded in the year 1965 under the stewardship of this great visionary has done real proud to the memory of Mahakavi Kumaran Asan, a great Teacher, by establishing and successfully running several high quality educational institutions that cater to the basic, vocational and higher educational needs of the children of malayalees and non-malayalees in the city of Chennai. The quest which began in the year 1966 continued relentlessly adding fresh ones seeking the nice areas in the field of modern educational systems and is still on the move. This vibrant and methodical association's contributions in the socio cultural field also are widely acknowledged.
The function "A K G Navathi Celebration" was organized by Chennai Malayalees in honor of Sri AKG at Sri Mutha Venkatasubba Rao Concert Hall; Chennai in recognition for his decades of outstanding achievements and for providing relentless service in the field of Education. Many Eminent personalities from different spheres of life like Politics, Poets, Media, Social Thinkers, Educationalists, Industrialists, other Social and Cultural contributors, felicitated, shared their long time association and paid their tributes to Shri AKG who dedicated his life towards the promotion of Education, Social Values and the betterment of the Society on the day. The day long celebrations started with a Seminar on 'Social Values and Identity Crisis in Today's Political and Cultural Scenario', a documentary on the life and times of Shri. AKG and ended with a Musical 'Karuna' which was based on the works of Mahakavi Kumaran Asan.
Best Teacher Award
YRC Activities for the month of August '2013
1. Our YRC Volunteers participated in competitions conducted in association with Geneva Convention Day Celebration in the Red Cross Society TamilNadu Branch.
2. Twenty Volunteers and one faculty participated in World Peace Prayer conducted by IRCS TNB at Valluvar Kottam. 1000 volunteers from various schools and colleges gathered and prayed for peace on 12/08/2013.
IQAC has organized a NAAC SPONSORED ONE DAY STATE LEVEL SEMINAR ON "INNOVATIVE PRACTICES IN HIGHER EDUCATION" on 6th July 2013 "
Catch-It 2K16 was conducted on - 10th September 2016
The Department of Computer Science (B.Sc Shift-I) and Computer Applications (BCA Shift-II) organized an inter-collegiate technical meet CACHE-IT 2k16 on September 10, 2016. The function was inaugurated by Mr.Murali Chellapa, Senior Manager, Accenture India Private Limited. Adzap, Technical Spell Bee, Connexions and Perplex were the events conducted on the day. Nearly 10 Arts & Science colleges in and around Chennai participated. The overall trophy was won by Shankarlal Sundarbai Shasun Jain College for Women, T.Nagar,Chennai.
III B.Sc(CS) competitions - August 2016
The students of III B.Sc(CS) conducted various competitions, thereby welcoming the freshers during the welcome day.
Guest Lecture on "BIG DATA" 22nd - August 2016
Activities for the month of August -2016
The students of II B.Sc(CS) attended a seminar in “CAT” on 8/8/2016. The resource person was Mr.Rajesh, TIME,Nugambakkam, Chennai.
The students of III B.Sc(CS) attended a seminar in “JAVA IN IT INDUSTRY” on 8/8/2016. The resource person was Mr.Srinivasan,Voice Training & Research Institute,Chennai.
Activities for the month of September -2015
Students of III B.Sc(CS) attended a seminar in “INTERVIEW QUESTIONS IN JAVA” on 01-09-2015. The resource person was from NARESH TECHNOLOGIES.
Students of III B.Sc(CS) attended a seminar in “CRACKING BANK EXAMS” on 09-09-2015. The resource person was Mr.G.Babu Vivekanandan, IMS Learning Resources Pvt.,Ltd.,
Ms.F.Hasina Begum of III B.Sc(CS) won I prize in DANCE event organized by Prof.Dhanapalan College of Arts & Science on 16th September 2015.
Students of III B.Sc(CS) participated in an inter-collegiate competitions Organized by VELS University on 15/9/2015. Mr.Bragadish Raghav and Mr.Saravanan of III B.Sc(CS) won THIRD place in Debugging.
CACHE IT - 2K14 Event
The Department of Computer Science and Application organized CACHE IT - 2K14 - An InterCollegiate Technical Meet on 20.09.2014 in the college campus. The inaugral function was held in the Mini Auditorium.Ms. Farzana of III B.Sc Computer Science and Ms.Mridhula of III BCA welcomed the gathering. Dr.S.Ramanathan, Principal, AMCAS, felicitated the gathering followed by the inaugural address of the Chief Guest Mr.Arun Rajagopalan, Senior Manager, CTS, Chennai.
More than 160 students from 13 Colleges from Chennai participated in various events.The prizes and certificates were distributed by the Principal during the Valedictory function.The overall championship was bagged by GuruNanak College of Arts & Science. Mr.MANIKANDAN of III BCA proposed the Vote of Thanks.
Seminar in Gaming
1. Students of I & III B.Sc (CS) attended a seminar in “GAMING” on 11th September 2014. The resource person was Mr. Jai Naresh, IMAGE, Chennai.
Activities of 2014 and 2015
1. Mrs. T. Suganthi, Asst. Prof. Computer Science successfully defended her Ph.D. thesis entitled "Landsat Colour Image Segmentation" on 14th July 2014.
2. Students of final year B.Sc. (CS) attended a one day seminar on 15th July 2014 in Java and Database concepts. The resource person was from Opportunity InfoTech.
Activities of 2013 and 2014
1. Mr.B.Shaji, Asst.Professor, Department of Computer Science completed his Ph.D viva-voce.
2. CSC, has proposed a one day seminar in .NET and JAVA for final year B.Sc(CS).
3. A one day seminar is proposed for B.Sc(CS) students regarding career prospects in IT industry.
Activities for Dec 2016 - Jan 2017
The Dept. of Hotel Mgmt conducted an one and half hour Hotel Mgmt Admission presentation on 16th January 2017 in St.Johns Public School at Perumbakkam . Dean Mr. Winfred Chelliah , Principal Mrs. Shanthi Samuel , 9 school teachers and 96 twelfth std students attended the presentation from 9.30to 11.00am.
MR. Abraham Alex, Mr. Padmanaban MR. Milton and 4 hotel Mgmt students conducted this presentation on hotel mgmt dept, job opportunities . We presented posters to school officials and pamphlets to all students.Photos...
1. Department of Hotel & Catering Management organized cake mixing ceremony towards the celebration of X Mas’2016. Hoteliers, Principal, Vice Principal Head’s from various Department and students of Hotel Management participated in this event. They mixed the Xmas cake ingredients like Cashew nuts, Almonds Walnuts, Ginger chips, Orange peels, Tootyfrooty with alcohol. Mr.Sourish Bishnu Jana. Learning & Development Manager, Mr. Anandhu Raman Room division Manager, NOVOTEL Hotels & Resorts Chennai Sipcot graced this event. This year the students made a design of Xmas gift socks in which usually parents keep gifts for their children. This event held on 03rd December 2016 at our Training Restaurant.
2. Staff and students went to present Xmas cakes and wish New year Greetings to HSS school Principals in and around our College on 3rd Jan 2017. During the visit they also briefed about the Hotel Mgmt Course, its opportunities and distributed HCM posters and pamphlets to the principals and others. They also requested to provide time for Hotel Mgmt Admission presentation.
3. Christmas Theme Lunch (Christ O Fest) conducted on 06.01.17, Dr.M.Selvaraj, Principal, Guru Nanak College, Member-Syndicate University of Madras, Invited as a Chief Guest and he inaugurate the event and deliver the Xmas day message to our students. Mr. Imran Khan (alumini), Beverage manager, TFS, Chennai airport accommpani with Executive Chef and HR Manager of TFS and Mr.Somak Dutta, L&D manager, ITC grand Chola, Chennai are also graced the occasion. Teachers from RCM HSS School, W.Tamabaram, Mrs.Agalaya Jose, Mrs.Vadivukarasi, Mr. Bakkianathan, and Mr. Wilson raj. And Mr. Prabhakar of GHS School, Somamangalam, Chennai – 69 were attended the function.
4. On 16/01/2017, A Hotel Mgmt. presentation will be made in St. John’s Public School, Perumbakkam for around 190 students to promote Hotel Mgmt. admissions.
Activities for 23rd Sep 2016- 15th Oct 2016 2016
1.Taj Group of Hotels (Taj Coromandel and Taj Connemara) Mrs. SWATHY JOHN Learning & Development Manager conducted the IET interview on 21st September 2016. 8 Second year Students attended the interview and Mr.Veera was selected .
2.On 26th September 2016, Hotel and Catering Management Students attended the Cocktail and Mocktail Demonstration conducted by Mr.Nallasamy and team, Proprietor of Chennai Institute of Bartending. He demonstrated various cocktails, mocktails and bartending techniques.
3.On 28th September 2016, Final and Second year Hotel and Catering Management Students attended Halwai (South Indian and Bengali Sweets) Demonstration conducted by Chef. Mohan Krishna along with Chef Gurudev and Mr.Santhoh, Proprietor of Adithiya Catering. Students prepared Rasagulla, Rasmalai, Rabri, Malai Peda, Kaju katli, Chumchum and Jangiri.
4.On 6th October 2016, our 1999 passed out student and Sous Chef of Westin Chennai Chef Saravanan, and his team conducted Tandoor Workshop. He explained on the importance of authentic Tandoori cooking style. Various Tandoori dishes like Tandoori Chicken, Chicken tikka, Seekh kabab, Malai Kabab and Indian breads such as Kulcha, Naan, Roti and paratha were learnt by the students in this workshop.
5.On 7th October 2016, all Hotel and Catering Management Students attended the Guest Lecture & Towel Art Workshop Demonstration conducted by Mr. Suresh Ganesan, Asst Executive Housekeeper, Marriot Hotel, Chennai. He demonstrated the various towel arts such as Swan, Peacock, Hanging Monkey,Crab and Crocodile .
6.Aloft Group of Hotels, Chennai Mr. Kandavel, Human Resource and Training Manager conducted the IET interview on 7th October 2016. 4 Students attended the interview and all the four students got selected .
7.Mr. Saravana Perumal, Human Resource and Training Manager of Turyaa Hotel Chennai conducted the IET interview on 7th October 2016. Mr.Vijaya Prasad was selected.
8.First year Hotel Mgmt student Ms. Jennifer won the Second prize in Tamil Oratorical competition in the event organized by Tamil Dept of Asan Memorial College on 07th October 2016 to commemorate the 85th Birthday Anniversary Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam. (Topic: Valimayana Bharatham)
9.22 final year students attended the Oberoi hotels Recruitment Interview conducted by Oberoi hotel group in The Trident hotel on 15th October.
10.Our department Final Year students team Mr. Sai Ekshithkrishna,Haleelur Rahman and Dennis John Bijou and First year students team Mr,Vivek, Mr. Pavithran & Mr Krishna (2 teams) will be participating in the Craft a Cake competition to be conducted by IHMCT Chennai on 20th October in IHM Chennai.Photos...
Guest Lecture by corporates of TOVO Restaurant- on 23rd August 2016
Guest Lecture by corporates of Uncle Sam Kitchen - on 23rd August 2016
Guest Lecture on Latest Trends in Bakery on 19th August 2016
Mr.Yogesh Naidu, Operation Manager, Weggman’s Food Mart, Rochester, USA conducted a Guest Lecture on “Latest Trends in Bakery” for all the B.Sc., Hotel and Catering Management students on 19th August 2016 in Training Restaurant. He elaborated about the various aspects of baking, quality points in USA and employment opportunities in Bakery.
BHM- Industrial Visit Report – Uncle Sam’s Kitchen on -10th August 2016
The Second year Hotel Mgmt students were taken to Uncle Sam’s Kitchen, Pallikarnai for the field visit on 10th August 16.. Uncle Sam’s Kitchen is an outdoor catering unit which caters to several IT companies and private parties. Mr.Samir Singla CEO of Uncle Sam Kitchen and Chef Mr. Vinod Kumar explained about the operations, menu compiling and the various functions carried out in the premises. 30 Second yr students along with Mr. V.S.Padmanaban, Mr. Sugumar and Mr.Milton gained knowledge by this visit.
Alumni meet on 6th August 2016
The Hotel Mgmt Department conducted Alumni meet on 6th August 2016 in the Training Restaurant of Hotel Mgmt department. 33 students of 2015 batch participated and gave valuable ideas.They shared their work experience with the others .
Young Skal Presentation 20th July 2016
Mr.Roop Chadda , Skal President and Mr. Venkat Reddy, GM, The Residency conducted a Young Skal Presentation in Asan Memorial College Mini Auditorium for the B.Sc. Hotel & Catering Management students on 20th July at 11.45 am. and explained the benefits of being a Young Skal member .
For the month of 29th January 2015– 16th February 2016
1. The Hotel Mgmt Staff went to the KV school Tambaram, Airforce campus and conducted Hotel Mgmt Admission presentation on 28th January in their school.
2. 4 Final year Students(Janarthanan, Waqar, Sanjo, Bibek ) attended the one Day Commodity Market workshop organized by MBA Dept, Asan college.
3. First year Hotel Mgmt students went for the Hotel Visit to Taj Gateway , Sholinganallur on 30th January,2016 and learnt about the functioning of various departments in hotel.
4. Chef competition was organized for the Final year students in the ATK on 1st February, 2016. 10 Students participated in the Chef competition enthusiastically and prepared various dishes from Indian(Mushroom Biriyani, Kothi Halwa,) South Indian delcicacies like Vazhapoo Chicken kozhambu, Murungaipoo Muttai POdimas, Ulunthangachi, Varagu arisi pongal, Kezhvaragau adai, Unni appam and Mexican cuisine(Quesedillas ) Malaysian cuisine and Thai delicacies were prepared.Chef Vinod kumar was the judge for the event.
5. Chef competition was organized for the First year students in the ATK on 10th February, 2016. 10 Students participated in the Chef competition enthusiastically and prepared various dishes from Indian (Bengali chicken curry, Apple green kesari, Honey chilly potato, chicken biriyani, Banana toffee, Potato balls) South Indian delcicacies like (Chettinad stuffed brinjal, Apple green kesari, Mysurpa, , Madeena) and Burmeese cuisine (Burmeese Black Rice) were prepared.Chef Vinod kumar was the judge for the event.
6. Bakery chef competition was conducted for the Final year students on on 10th February, 2016. 7 Students participated in the Bakery Chef competition passionately and prepared various recipes like 3 tier Wedding cake, Fuchasia, Biscuit pudding, Creme broulee, Chelsea bun, cup cakes, tarts, Closed pizza, Flambed plum cake and chocolate and assorted doughnuts .Chef Vinod kumar was the judge for the event.
7. 32 final year students attended the Recruitment interview in Somerset Greenways hotel(Ascot International Group of hotels ) on 11th February in their hotel. Results will be declared later.
8. F& B Napkin Folding Competition was conducted for the First Year Hotel Mgmt Students on 12th February in the training restaurant. 9 students earnestly created several types of innovative and traditional folding like T-Shirt folding, Envelop, Bird of Paradise, Artichoke, Heart, Christmas tree, Pleat, Tie Napkin Folding and presented in a professional way.
9. The Hotel Mgmt Staff and Students team conducted a Hotel Mgmt Admission & Exam tips presentation for the 12th std students of 3 Asan Memorial Schools in Asan Memorial School Auditorium on 15th February 2016. We conducted the PPT presentation about the highlights of hotel mgt dept, video testimony of alumni, present students talking about various dept activities, placement opportunities and facilities provided in the campus. Few interested students gave their phone number to us for next year admission.
10. ITC Fortune Select Farms Group of hotels is conducting a campus interview on 16th February in our campus.
Activities For the month of 17th July 2015 – 17th August 2015
1.Mr.A.Balamurugan, Faculty of Hotel and Catering Management Department defended his Ph.D Thesis on Management “Market Analysis of Cashewnuts in Tamilnadu with special Reference to Cuddalore District” successfully in Annamalai University for the award of the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration. The viva-voice was conducted on 10th July 2015 at 2.00 PM
2.The First year students attended a seminar on “Travel and Tourism Exhibition” Organised by International Travel and Tourism Mart on 18th & 19th July 2015 in Chennai Trade Centre and acquired Valuable Tourism and Front office information
3.The Department of Hotel and Catering Management subscribed the “Selling World Travel” Magazine for one year starting 18th July 2015 to 17 July 2016
4.A Friendly 20 Overs Tennis Ball Cricket match was played between Aloft Hotel, Sholinganallur and Asan Hotel Mangement team on 25.07.2015 in our college grounds and Aloft Hotel Team won the match by 40 runs. Students and Hoteliers mingled with each other and Aloft hotel promised us to help in our training and other activities
5.On 27.07.2015, Priyanka Mishra ( Passed out batch 2015 ) and presently working in Housekeeping Department, Taj Vivanta, Mumbai addressed all Hotel Management students in the Training Restaurant and motivated them to work hard
6.The Hotel Management students attended the Young Skal presentation of Mr.Roop Chadda, Skal President and Mr.Saravanan, Young Skal, Director on 06.08.2015 in the college Mini Auditorium and addressed the students about the benefit of being Young Skal. 11 students joined in the Young Skal Forum
7.Hotel Management Alumni Reunion meeting was planned to organise during August 2015. In this regard Pre-Alumni meeting was conducted on 27th July 2015 and 6th August 2015 and the Alumni committee decided to conduct the Reunion meeting on 22nd August 2015 in the college Mini Auditorium
8.On 10th August 2015, 34 second year students attended IET Interview for Taj Group Hotels out of which 15 students were selected (4 students for VBT Connemara, 4 students for Taj Club House, 5 students for Taj Coromandel, 2 students for Taj Gateway IT Express)
Activities for the month of 22nd January - 16th February 2015
1. Placement interview was conducted on 2nd Feb, 2015 in Raviz Ashtamudi Resort & Spa, Kollam Hotel in Kerala. 10 students attended and the results are yet to come
2. ITC Grand Chola conducted a campus interview on 4th feb in their hotel. Following students got selected for Front office Rohit lodh, Raparla Tarun, Mohamed Fiyazuddin, Reshma Madhusudhan and Benedict Brunore. For Food and Beverage Service – Anish Shekar, Dayne Quincy Peters, Mohammed Abdul Muyeez, R. Vineeth and R. Sandeep
3. Ms. Hemalatha, Coordinator of MBA Department in Hindusthan University, Kelambakkam conducted a Career Development programme for the final year students on 6th Feb, 2015 in our college
4. Chef Vinoth – from Sai Institute of Vegetable Carving conducted Vegetable carving workshop for the first year and final year students on 6th Feb, 2015. Various vegetable carvings like rose flowers, rose buds and lily were taught to the students
5. 6 students attended campus interview for the Ginger Hotel Chennai on 7th February
6. Dr. Milton co-chaired a session and presented and published 2 articles in the International Tourism Conference organized by Indian Tourism and Hospitality Congress in Manali, HP 6th to 8th Feb, 2015
7. Dr. Milton Chaired a Panel Discussion in the topic about CAUSES OF HIGH ATTRITION AND FADING INDUCTION OF HOSPITALITY SCHOOL GRADUATES IN THE HOTEL INDUSTRY in the 3 day National Level Panel Discussion KALAKRITI SANGAMAM 2015, organized by IHMCT Chennai on 13th February 2015
8. Taj Group of hotels Placement Interview: The following 5students got Selected for the following departments, Sandeep. (F&B)-HOMT, Priyanka and Kamalakannan(both HK) – THT, Rohit Lodh and Reshma (both FO) – Waitlisted
9. Bakery competition was held for final year students in the bakery lab on 12th February. 5 students participated and Miss. Deepika was the winner and will receive the Best Bakery Chef Endowment award instituted by parents of former lecturer Late Mr. Seetharaman. Chef Balaji, Product Developer from Sandys Chocolate Factory was the judge
10. Bakery workshop was conducted by Chef Balaji, Product Developer from Sandys Chocolate Factory on 14th February for 5 final year students. Through this workshop the students learned the basic things how to knead a dough, how to handle knife few dishes from Lebanese cuisine (which is latest upcoming) and to pursue career in bakery. It is reported in the Times of India Newspaper in Sunday 15th Feb, 2015
11. Chef competition was conducted for the Final year students in the Department on 23rd January. 8 Students participated in the Chef competition enthusiastically and prepared various dishes from Indian (Biriyani, Roti, Paratha, Baigan Bhartha, Meen Porichathu, Sandesh) and Mexican cuisines (Prawn Crème Brullee, Beer Batter fried chicken). Sr. Executive Sous Chef Saravanan from West In Hotel Velachery was the judge for the event
12. Intercollegiate meet “Vagai Pasarai-2015” was organized by Shift 2 of Asan Memorial College on 23rd January. Several students participated in various events. Final year students Fiyaz, Kamalkannan participated in the dumb charades competition and won First Prize and Deepika(III) and Catherine(I) won the Consolation Prize in Collage event
13. Chef competition was organized for the First year students in the ATK on 27th January, 2015. 17 Students participated in the Chef competition enthusiastically and prepared various dishes from Indian cuisine such as Mint Biriyani, Gulab Jamun with Ice cream (which was very much appreciated by the Judge), Traditional Food delicacies with novel names and Continental cuisines. Sr. Executive Sous Chef Karthikeyan from West Inn Hotel Velachery was the judge for the event
14. Mr. Pavan Kumar from One Source organization and its Operations Manager and HR Manager of FOOD BOX, Chennai conducted a Campus Interview presentation for Hotel Mgmt. Students as well as other Department Students on 28th January 2pm, to 3pm in Mini auditorium
15. Jenneys Academy of Hotel Mgmt. Institute, Trichy organised Chef Competition and Bartending Competition on 29th and 30th January 2015. 7 students participated in the event. Final year Mr. Sandeep won the Second Prize in the flair bartending competition in this event
16. Rotract Club Chennai organized the Reciprocity Wave Competition which was held at Anna University on 31st January 2015. There were competitions like Poster designing, Sculpturing and Fooya (Gaming Tournaments in Computer). Final Year Mohammed Fiyazzudin participated in the National Gaming Competition and won First Place out of 26 participants from different colleges. He was awarded a Shield, Medal, certificate and a cash prize of Rs.10,000
Pongal making competition in the Pongal Santhai Event organized by Asan Memorial College on 9th January
Final Year students Mr. Mohamed Fahath, Mr. Mohan Sai and Mr. Ashok participated in the Pongal making competition in the Pongal Santhai Event organized by Asan Memorial College on 9th January and won the First Prize.
Industrial Visit to Taj Gateway Hotels, Sholinganallur on 2nd January.
First year students went for the Industrial Visit to Taj Gateway Hotels, Sholinganallur on 2nd January. Training Manager Ms. Carolyn Davies briefed the students. Students were divided into 3 groups and 3 HODs of the hotel undertook hotel tour and explained the various departments functioning and the procedures followed in the hotel. The students asked few questions about the hotel.
Flower arrangement workshop was conducted on 16.12.14 in the training restaurant
Flower arrangement workshop was conducted on 16.12.14 in the training restaurant. G.K. Nandhini Florists demonstrated the various methods of flower arrangement. Final year students and First year students learnt the various styles of flower arrangements like Asymmetrical, Symmetrical, Moribana and Ikebana along with equipments used for the flower arrangement. Principal, Director and various heads visited the workshop.
Activities of 1st December 2014 – 17th December 2014
1. Taj Placement Interview: 7 students got selected in the second round of interviews. The final round of interview will be on 19th December in Taj Connemara.
2. Department of Chemistry, Loyola College, Chennai organized Spectra’14 (Intercollegiate competitions) on December 12. Final year student Vincent Paul and Mr. Jerin Thomas Varghese won second prize in Food rainbow competition. Final year students Mr. Kamalakannan and Mr. Md Fiyazudin won the second prize in Food Talk competition.
3. ITC Fortune Hotel conducted campus interview on 15th December. 38 students attended in which 11 students are selected for the final interview.
4. Flower arrangement workshop was conducted on 16.12.14 in the training restaurant. G.K. Nandhini Florists demonstrated the various methods of flower arrangement. Final year students and First year students learnt the various styles of flower arrangements like Asymmetrical, Symmetrical, Moribana and Ikebana along with equipments used for the flower arrangement. Principal, Director and various heads visited the workshop.
Activities of 17th September –19th November 2014
1. Chef competition for the Second year Hotel Mgmt. students was conducted on 17th October in the Hotel mgmt. Department. Eight Students participated in Chef competition and various dishes were prepared and presented.
Second place- S.Titus
Third place-Joseph Mathew.W
2. 34 Final year students participated in the Placement & Training Session organized by Rotaract Club conducted by Ms. Vasanthi Ranganathan and Team in Asan Memorial College on 15th October, 9am to 1pm.
3. Seminar on “Career in Food Production Department” was organized for the Second & Final year Hotel Mgmt. students on the 18th October 2014, in the Mini Auditorium of Asan Memorial College. Mr. Elvis Mark Taylor, Chef & Manager, Southern Spice Restaurant, Taj Coromandel Hotel, was the resource person for the Seminar. He elaborated his various culinary experiences and gave valuable motivating tips for the students to pursue a successful career in Food Production. Students asked several doubts during the session which was very well answered by Mr. Elvis.
4. 7 Final Year Hotel mgmt. students along with HOD Mr. Milton, attended the Young Skal Meeting session on “What Hotel Industry Expects from Hotel Mgmt. students in regard to Job” in Ambassador Pallava Hotel on 20th October 4 pm. Mr. Kirthivasan General Manager, Ambassador Pallava Hotel Ms. Priya Batra, Director-Sales, Radisson Blue GRT Temple Bay Hotel, Mamallapuram enlightened the students.
5. Hotel Mgmt. Faculty members Mr.T.Milton, Mr.V.S.Padmanaban, Mr.Abraham Alex, Mr.V.Jayaram, and Mr.P.Padmanaban, visited IBIS (Novotel) Hotel and The Confluence Banquets and Resorts and discussed about Industrial Exposure Training, Part time job and placements on 1st November, 2014.
Young Skal meeting in ambassador pallava hotel 20oct 14
7 Final Year Hotel mgmt students along with HOD Mr. Milton, attended the Young Skal Meeting session on “ What Hotel Industry Expects from Hotel Mgmt students in regard to Job” in Ambassador Pallava Hotel on 20th October 4 pm. Mr.Kirthivasan General Manager, Ambassador Pallava Hotel Ms.Priya Batra- Director- Sales, Radisson Blue GRT Temple Bay Hotel, Mammallapuram enlightened the students.
International Chefs Day 2014
The International Chefs Day 2014 was celebrated in Department of Hotel & Catering Management, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Pallikaranai, Chennai in a grand manner.
2 Grand events were conducted in the Department in connection with the Pass it on theme.
1.Chef Competition for the Second Year students in the Indian Regional cuisine on 17th October,2014 in the Department ATK Kitchen. 8 Participants from the Second year enthusiastically participated in this event. Several Indian regional cuisines such as Kerala, Mughal, Tamil Nadu and Andhra dishes were prepared and presented by students. Kerala Pachadi, Kerala Kozhukattai, Kothi halwa, Drumstick soup, Basundi, Shahi Tukra and Hyderabadi Dum Biriyani were prepared by the students.
2. Seminar on “Career in Food Production Department” was organized for the Second & Final year Hotel Mgmt students on the 18th October 2014, in the Mini Auditorium of Asan Memorial College. Mr. Elvis Mark Taylor, Chef & Manager , Southern Spice Restaurant , Taj Coromandel Hotel, was the resource person for the Seminar. He elaborated his various culinary experiences and gave valuable motivating tips for the students to pursue a successful career in Food Production. Students asked several doubts during the session which was very well answered by Mr. Elvis.
We had planned for other events such as Charity Lunch in Nethaji Mercy Home(Orphanage for children) Velachery, Vegetable Carving and Food Photography competitions for our Hotel Mgmt students on 20th October. Also we had planned to conduct Culinary presentations on Molecular cuisine by Sous Chef Karthik, Westin Chennai hotel and bakery Presentation by Chef Balaji,Bakery Expert and Consultant on 20th October in our Department. All Programmes got cancelled due to holiday declared by Government.
Head, Hotel Mgmt,
Asan Memorial college of Arts & Science,
Pallikaranai, Chennai 600100.Ph:044 22461252.Cell:9884143887
Lakshmi Hospice and Palliative care
On Saturday 11 October 2014, Dept. Of Hotel Mgmt. Team ( Faculty Mr.Alex and 15 Hotel Mgmt Students) of Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science, Chennai-100 joined thousands of organisations and individuals around the world to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care in Lakshmi Hospice and Palliative care, Kilpauk. Immediate palliative care is indicated for patients with any serious illness and who have physical, psychological, social, or spiritual distress as a result of the treatment they are seeking or receiving. Students attended a seminar about How through laughter we can cure Palliative care and Medical Clowning. Students donated necessary day today toiletries and other items like bedsheets, towels, soap, paste etc worth rs.5000.
Skills Certification Programme
Dr.Milton was appointed as Food & Beverage examiner for Skills Certification Programme for 150 village women sponsored by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India,and conducted by Institute of Hotel Mgmt and Catering Technology , Chennai in the Palavakkam village on 27th September, 2014.
Guest Lecture and presentation
Guest Lecture and presentation about IBIS Chennai group of hotels was organized for the final year students on 25 September in Mini Auditorium . The session was conducted by Executives of Ibis Sipcot Chennai Hotel, Mr.S..Anantharaman, Front Office manager and Mr.Jacob John Paul, HR Executive.
Cake decoration competition
3 team of 6 HCM students(Anbarasan & Priyanka Mishra, B.Abhishaeik & N.S.Samhetha and G.Susindran & S.Titus) participated in the Cake Decorating competition to be held in IHM Chennai
on 10th October. G.Susindran & S.Titus( Second yr students) won the First Prize in Appearance Category and Anbarasan & Priyanka Mishra( Final Years) won the Second Runnerup Prize in Layering and finishing category.
Chinese Theme Lunch
1. The Final year students of B.Sc. Hotel & Catering Management, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Chennai conducted Manhan Quanxi (Imperial Feast) - Chinese theme lunch in the training restaurant on 23th September, 2014.
2. The theme lunch was inaugurated by Principal Dr.S. Ramanathan. Campus Head Mrs. Madhavi Kishore, Aloft Hotel Executive Chef A. Ashokkumar, Chef Karthikeyan Sous Chef Westin hotel Chennai, Giftson Lownald, Asst. Restaurant Manager, Hilton Chennai, Mr. Balaji Chandrasekaran, Training manager, Taj Club House, Mr. Karthik Palaniappan, Operational Manager, Sathyam Cinemas and other department HOD’s, Hotel Management faculties, campus officers were the dignitaries who graced this occasion.
3. Aloft Hotel Executive Chef A. Ashokkumar, commented that the students have very well recreated the Chinese ambience and the food was very delicious.
4. The Pagoda (Chinese Temple) with Buddha was illuminated well along with fresh Lotus flowers. The Chinese calendar animal of the year is Horse.
The vegetable carving counter with dragon, horse & laughing Buddha and other carvings were impressive. On every table a Candle light is placed for the perfect Chinese ambience. 21 authentic Chinese dishes like Sea food in Hot Garlic Sauce, Chicken Dumplings, and Stir Fried squid were prepared and served in a professional style. A game named Chopstick Challenge for the guests conducted by the students. Also the Chinese songs and movies were screened as part of entertainment. The guests enjoyed the food and ambience thoroughly.
On the whole the entire show went on well due to the team work of Final Year students of Department of Hotel & Catering Management Batch 2014.
Activities Of 2013 and 2014
1. Mr.T.Milton, published 2 articles in the National Conference organized by Indian Tourism Congress in Collaboration with Manipur University , Imphal at Manipur University , Imphal on 5th & 6th April 2014. He also visited Myanmar as a part of this tourism conference.
2. Mr.T.Milton, was appointed as Hotel Mgmt subject Expert by Vice – Chancellor of Madras university. He was invited to conduct the Hotel Management Staff interview in St. Joseph college of Arts &Science, Kovur, Chennai on 8th April 2014.
3. Institute of Hotel Mgmt & Catering Technology, Tharamani,Chennai conducted Bakery competition on 3rd March 2014. 4 teams from hotel mgmt department participated in this competition.
4. 22 Gourmet Street, A World Street Food Festival was organized by the Final year Students on 5th March. Mr. Rajesh Gopalakrishnan, GM,Ibis byAccor hotel was the Chief Guest. Celebrity Chef and CEO, of Accord Hotel Mr. Venkatesh Bhatt and several Guest of honor from various hotels graced the occasion. 28 varieties of delectable delicacies from various countries street food were prepared and served. Entertainment programes enthralled the crowd.
5. Mr. T. Milton, HOD, Hotel Mgmt participated in the International Sushi Training Workshop, conducted by 2 Sushi Maser Chefs from Japan, organized by IFCA(Indian Federation of Culinary Association) and JETRO (Japanese External Trade Organization) in the Leela Palace Hotel , Chennai on 7th March 2014.
6. Miss. Samhetha and Miss. Meena Bharathi First Year Hotel Mgmt students won the special prize in the Cookery Competition in the Wuphoria, Women’s day Celebration-2014 organized by Sahasras Educational Trust, Medavakkam on 15th March 2014.
7. On 2nd Feb, 2014 a friendly Cricket match was played between Asan Hotel Mgmt Cricket team and ITC Grand Chola team in the college cricket ground.
8. Flower arrangement Workshop was conducted for the Hotel Mgmt students on 4th February. Mr. Gangadharan from G.K. Nandhini Florists, Ashok Nagar demonstrated and taught various types of flower arrangement such as Horizontal, Symmetrical and Hograth which the students eagerly learnt.
9. Mr.V.S.Padmanaban, Mr.T.Milton, Mr. Padmanaban, and Mrs.Sheela Mary published articles in the National Conference organized by Department of Hotel Mgmt and Tourism, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai on 22nd and 23rd Feb,2014.
10. Chef competition for first years organized on 13th feb. 16 Students prepared several cuisines such as Indian Cuisine, South Indian, Continental and Chinese delicacies and served by students in an enthusiastic manner.
11. Bakery competition for final years for Mr. Seetharaman Award conducted on 13th February. 3 Students prepared Yeast products, Pastry, Gateaux and Cold Desserts were prepared and served by students in an professional manner. Mr. Md Khaleelur Rahman won this Year Best Bakery Chef Award.
12. Housekeeping Bed Making competition for the first years was conducted by Mrs. Hanna Rubavathy. First Prize, Second Prize and third prize won.
13. Indus competition on 14th feb. 2 teams participated in Vegetable carving, Butter sculpture, Cake decoration, Desserts and European Theme Chef competition. Mr. Titus – First year won the second prize in Butter Sculpture competition.
14. Bed Making Competition for First Year and Final Year Students were conducted on 14th February 2014 in the Twin room . 20 Students enthusiastically participated in this competition. They learned the Mitring, Foot folding, book folding and turndown service.
15. First years organized the Breakfast Theme Festival on 6th feb in training restaurant. Several type of breakfast cuisines such as South Indian, North India, Continental, English and American Breakfast items were tastily prepared and served in a professional manner. Hoteliers and guests very much appreciated the students effort.
16. Mr. T.Milton was invited as a Panel Member for the Panel Discussion “High Turn over of Hospitality Professionals to other sectors- A Challenging Factor” on 6th February 2014 between 11am to 1 pm in Institute of Hotel Mgmt & Catering Technology, Chennai.
17. Asst. Professor Mr. V.S.Padmanaban and HOD, Mr. T.Milton were appointed as the Ex-Officio Member in Board of Studies of Hotel & Catering Management in University of Madras on 2nd January 2014.
18. Mr. T.Milton was the Judge for the Stress Interview in the Mr.Corporate event in VIBRANTZ -2014 conducted by Asan Memorial Evening college on 9th January 2014.
19. Final Year students( Mr. Karun, Khaleel Rahman and Mr. Sooraj sabkota) have done their Food Production Trial Test on 14th January,in the Lemon Tree Hotels Chennai and waiting for the result.
20. Placement News: Mr.Raghunandan Babu and Miss.Akhila Grace got appointment orders on 18th January,in the Lemon Tree Hotels Chennai.
21. The Waynad Oriental College of Hotel Mgmt department organized the Outlook 2014 ( Competitions for Hotel Mgmt Students ) on 24th January,2014. In this regard the following students participated and won prizes .
a. Mr. Sooraj Sapkota -Final Year (Third prize in chef competition)
b. Mr. Karun Suresh -Final Year (Third prize in chef competition)
c. Mr. Joshua Rubert-Final Year
d. Mr. Vigneswar Final Year
e. Mr. Nawaz Sharif-Final Year (won second prize in photography competition)
f. Mr. Aroop. S.- Final Year(won first prize in cocktail competition)
22. Youth Health Mela Lead by Cancer Institute Adyar organized a Symposium “Role of Food Handlers in prevention in non communicable diseases” in the Youth Health Mela from 22nd to 26th Jan 2014 at Valluvar Kottam, Chennai.Asst. Professors Mr.V.S.Padmanaban,Mr. T.Milton ,Mr.jayaram & Mr. P.Padmanaban and Final year student Mr. Khaleel Rahman & Mr. Abhisheik First year student participated in this symposium
23. Mr. Umashankar – Field trainer and Vegetable Carving expert conducted Vegetable carving workshop for the first year and final year students on 25th January,2014. Various vegetable carvings like rose flowers ,rose buds and lily were taught to the students.
24. Students were sent to several Outdoor catering to various 5 star hotels like Westin Velachery, Asiana hotel to learn the operation procedures in F&B outlets.
25. Mr. Karun Suresh and Mr.Karthik Rajan won the First Prize in Quiz competition conducted by Consumer club of the B.Com department, Asan Memorial College on 30th January,2014.
26. Cake Mixing Ceremony was conducted on 4th December 2013 in the training restaurant. The Principal, and various department HODs participated in this event. The Final year students decorated the training restaurant and choicest dry fruits, nuts were soaked with liquor for the preparation of xmas cake. The students arranged the cake mixture in shape of reindeer.
27. Mr.T. Milton, HOD, Hotel Mgmt was invited to deliver a 2 and 1/2 hour Guest Lecture on “Hospitality Industry and its Employment Opportunities for women ” in SDNB Vasihnav College, Chrompet for 150 History and Tourism students on 11th December 2013.
28. Bakers Home Guild event was conducted in Asan Memorial School Auditorium on 15th December 2013 between 2pm to 6pm in which various bakery products were displayed. The B.Sc. Hotel Mgmt students prepared various Bakery snacks such as veg cutlet, chicken cutlet, Black forest pastry, brownies and muffins and sold it in the auditorium to have a practical exposure .
29. Christo fest – Xmas Theme lunch was organized by Final Year Students on 17th December 2013. Roast Turkey, Vegetable Augratin, Buttered Vegetables were prepared and served. Hoteliers from Taj Gateway and Hyatt Park Velachery graced the occasion. Principal inaugurated the occasion. Various games for students and staff were organized. Xmas PPT and Carol songs were sung by the students to suit the occasion.
30. Mr.Milton and Mr.Abraham Alex went to several schools in and around Pallikaranai & Medavakkam to distribute Xmas cake & HCM Brochures to the School Principals. Bharathi Vidyalaya School, Medavakkam Correspondent was interested in signing a MOU for cooking classes for their HSC Students on a monthly basis.
31. 5th October 2013 MBA hospitality Mgmt Dept, Hindustan university conducted a Seminar on “ Empowerment Beyond Training- Hospitality Industry “ . Mr.Jayaram Ast. Professor and 9 Hotel Mgmt students attended this event.
32. The English Dept , Asan Memorial College organized a Debate on Death Sentence to be abolished or not on 5th October in AV Room. Mr. Milton was the Moderator for this Debate.
33. Mr. Jijoy Varghese, Front Desk Manager, Westin Velachery Hotel, Chennai for conducted a 2 hours Guest Lecture on Guest Situation Handling in Front office in Hotels on 7th October 2013 for the hotel mgmt students.
34. 7th October 2013 a cookery competition was organized by World Veg Council a in AVM Rajeswari Kalyana Mandapam, Mylapore . 9 Hotel Mgmt students participated in this event.
35. 17th Oct, 2013 Taj Hotel Gateway industrial visit.
36. 19th Oct, Mr. Milton was invited to be the judge for the Chef competition conducted by Aloft hotel for their hotel chefs in connection with the International Chefs day.
37. 22nd Oct, Mr. Milton chaired a session in the National Seminar organized by Dept of Hotel Mgmt, Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy, Hospitality and Tourism Industries- A Promising sector in Indian Economy .
38. 22nd Oct. Mr. Milton Passed the UGC NET exam in Tourism Mgmt subject in June 2013 exams.
39. 28th Oct, 3 students participated in the International ; Chef day celebrations held at IHMCT, Tharamani Chennai.
40. WORLDS CHEF’S DAY
World chef’s day is celebrated on 20th of October, this year SICA(South Indian association) celebrated on 28th of October at IHM Chennai.corporate chef’s from almost 15 properties came to the seminar, students of hotel management were invited. From Asan memorial college Sandeep.R , Anbarasan , Karthikeyan.Y witness the seminar .There were different session like panel speech on the topic of “After five years chef’s responsibility and Importants” and “Social networks impact an hotels & hospitality industry “, there were food demonstration on Thai cuisine,Mexican cuisine, and a special demonstration on “sous vide” methods of cooking and “Liquid nitrogen cooking” by Exe.chef Rajesh,The park.A quiz competition was held on culinary, IHM Chennai won first place and Empee institution won second place, Unfortunately Asan didn’t participate due to lack of persons.The daywas concluded with a vote of thanks speech given by Exe.Chef Rajesh, The Park .
41. Mr. Kapilan, Learning & Development Manager, Radisson Blu Resort TempleBay Hotel, Mammalapuram conducted a 2 hours Guest Lecture on Effective Industrial Training in Hotels on 31st October 2013 for the hotel mgmt students.
42. Chef competition was organized for the Second year students in the ATK on 30th Aug, 2013. 8 Students participated in the Chef competition enthusiastically .
Results of the Chef Competition
First place – Mr.Anbarasan
Second place - Miss.Priyanka & Mr. Karthik
Third Place – Mr. Sandeep
43. 30th Aug, 2013, Chef competition was organized for the Second year students in the ATK. 8 Students participated in the Chef competition enthusiastically
44. Chinese Theme lunch was organized by Final Year students in the Training restaurant on 3rd Sept,2013. The Principal,H.O.D’s of all departments,campus officer graced the function with their presence. Various Chinese delicacies were prepared and served by the Final year students.
45. TOURISM DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE, Mysore conducted Travel Log -13 a Seminar and various competitions on 4th and 5th Sept,2013 in their college. 8 Hotel Mgmt students partiticpated in various competitions. Final Year students Aroop .S won the First Prize in Cocktail competition and Mr. Karun Suresh won the First Prize in Chef competition.
46. Mr. Milton HOD, Hotel Mgmt, presented 2 papers which was published in the edited book, in the 3 day, 5th International Tourism Conference TOURISM TOWARDS NEW HORIZONS: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES organized by Indian Tourism Congress in Collaboration with Taylor University, Malaysia in Kualalumpur, Malaysia on 6th-8th September, 2013. He also Co-chaired a session in this conference.
47. Mr.Ajay Titus, Popular Radio Jockey and Mr. Pravin Nikki, popular film music director had a session with our hotel mgmt students on 10th Sept,2013 and motivated them to work hard and to reach greater heights.
48. Onam Lunch was prepared for 350 people by the Hotel Mgmt department and served in Asan Memorial IHM on 12th Sept, 2013. Students participated in the Pookalam competition. Traditional dishes such as Kalan, Olan, Avial, Erussery, Cabbage Thoran, Karamani Mezhuguvazhatti, Ada Pradhaman was prepared and served.
49. Mr. Milton HOD, Hotel Mgmt was nominated as External Evaluator for assessing the performance appraisal reports of the Hotel Mgmt staff of the Vels School of Hotel Management,Vels University, Pallavaram in 17th Sept,2013
50. Chef Mark Crocker, Corporate Chef, RAintree Hotel ,Chennai and Special Guest chef Bruno Ruffini, Exec. Chef.ALMA – International School for Italian Cuisine, conducted a Italian Gastronomic Workshop organized by SRM University on 18th September, 2013.They demonstrated few Italian recipes in this workshop. Miss.Samhetha and Miss.Meena Bharathi First Year Hotel Mgmt students attended this Gastronomic Italian workshop .
51. IHM CT & AN,Chennai organized a Plate Presentation Techniques in Cookery to improve the Culinary Skills of the students. This event is conducted by Corporate Chef Mr. Sheetharam Prasad GRT Group of Hotels in IHM Chennai on 23rd& 24th Sept, 2013. Mr. Anbarasan, and Miss. Meena Bharathi won the first prize in Plate Presentation and Mr.Abhishek Mr.Sandeep, Mr. Anbarasan, Miss. Samhetha won the Second Prize in Quiz competition.
52. On 26.09.13 Tandoori Demonstration and Workshop was organized for the Second Year B.Sc. Hotel Mgmt students. Chef Genose, Sous chef, Raintree, and Mr.Sumeet., Tandoor chef from Raintree Annasalai, conducted this workshop. They explained the various tandoori preparations such as Tangri kabab, Seek kabab, Malai Murgh chops, Murgh Paneeri, Par Kebab, Sarson wali fish, Malai Paneer, Kakhoori kabab, Roti and Naan varieties, etc., Students learnt 25 tandoori preparations.
53. On 27.09.13 IHMCT Chennai conducted International Tourism Day celebrations. In this our students participated in various competitions like Rangoli, Essay competition and Quiz competitions.
1. Lemon Tree group of hotels conducted off campus interview on 18th Oct, 2013 in SRM College. Mr. Karun Suresh, Mr. Suraj Sapkota, Mr. Faridullah Khan and Md. Kaleelur Rahman, was selected for Food Production. Mr.Hemanth and Mr. Raghunanthan Babu for Food and Beverage Service. Ms. Akila Grace was selected in Housekeeping Dept.
2. Taj group of hotels conducted off campus interview on 22nd Oct, 2013 in SRM college
3. Mr. Aaron, Mr. Aroop and Mr. Akash Bava got selected in Food and Beverage Service.
4. Oberoi group of hotels conducted off campus interview on 28th Oct, 2013 in Trident Oberoi Hotel, Chennai. Ms. Akila Grace and Mr. Nawaz Sharif was selected in Housekeeping Dept. Mr. Karun Suresh was selected for OCER in Food Production.
5. 8 students ITC GRAND CHOLA CAMPUS INTERVIEW on 25/02/14.. !0 students attended Dominoes Pizza Campus Interview on 25/02/14.
6. 2 students Mr.Aaron and Mr. Aroop attended interview for the ITC GRAND CHOLA.
7. Mr. Akash Bava Final year got selected for Taj Hotel in F&B Department.
8. Mr. Aaron received appointment order for the Park Hyaat hotel Chennai.
9. Mr. Akash Bava got initial offer letter in Taj Group of hotels.
"22 Gourmet Street" – World Street Food Festival
Media report of "22 Gourmet Street" – World Street Food Festival Conducted on 05th March 2014 by final year students of Department of Hotel & Catering Management, Asan Memorial college of arts & science
The Department of B.Sc. Hotel & Catering Management, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Jaladampet, Pallikaranai, organized their 18th Food Festival "22 Gourmet Street" – an World Street food theme showcased by Final Year Hotel Management students on 05th March, at 7pm.
Mr. T. Milton, Head of the Department welcomed the august gathering. Principal Dr. S. Ramanathan emphasized the importance of conducting such food festivals which will enhance the skills of the Hotel Management Students.
The Chief guest Mr. Rajesh Gopalakrishnan, General Manager of Hotel IBIS by Accor, Chennai, inaugurated the Food Festival and delivered the inaugural address.
The Star Celebrity Guest, S. Venkatesh Bhat, CEO, Accord Metropolitan Hotel, Chennai & Star Vijay Celebrity Chef stressed the magnitude of developing the culinary talent in the present hospitality scenario.
Guest of honor from various hotels such as ITC Grand Chola, Raintree & Hilton graced the occasion
The food, décor, ambience, entertainment, costumes were in the matching with the theme.
We had some unique blend of flavours and the most common food preparations found in the world are displayed. To name a few delicacies Karei no netsuke, Chick Peas and Date Tagine, M'hanncha.
The highlight of the Street Food Festival was Burmese Autho, Italian Pizza, Caribbean coconut chicken Malaysian Cassava Cake in Coconut and popular Indian street food items such as Vada Pav, Pani Puri.
Entertainment events like fusion dance, Hip hop songs and bar flaring took place.
The cultural programmes performed by the students enthralled the audience. By and large, it was a great performance by the Asan College Hotel Management students.
Mr. Abraham Alex
Mr. T. Milton
H.O.D, Hotel Management
Neherika 2013- Cultural Competitions
Punjab Association's , Anna Adarsh College for Women, Chennai organized NEHERIKA 2013- CULTURAL COMPETITIONS for the college students on 26th August,2013 in their campus. The first year B.Sc. Hotel Mgmt students Miss. B. Madhumathy and Miss. K.Meena Bharathi won the Third Prize in Vegetable carving competition. Reshma Madhusudhanan and Priyanka Mishra, Second Year, B,Sc. Hotel Mgmt. students won the Second Prize for Fuel less Cooking .
Second Prize for Fuel less Cooking – Won by Reshma Madhusudhanan and Priyanka Mishra, Second Year, B,Sc. Hotel Mgmt. students, Asan Memorial College .
Third Prize won by B. Madhumathy and K.Meena Bharathi !
Third Prize won by B. Madhumathy and K.Meena Bharathi,( First Year, B.Sc. Hotel Mgmt, Students !)
Receiving the prize from the Chief Guest.
Proposed Activities for the month of August 2013
1. 98 % Results in Final year BHM (2010- 2013) BATCH
2. Second year students are planning to organize a theme lunch in the second week of August.
3. Planning to conduct Cocktail Demonstration in the third week of August for the Second year students
4. Planning to conduct a vegetable Carving Workshop for the First year students.
Baker Show Event Organized By Home Bakers
Asan Catering consisting of a combined team from Asan Memorial Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and B Sc. Hotel and Catering Management showcased their Baking, Bar tending and Vegetable Carving talent at the event which was highly appreciated by the esteemed visitors
The team of Asan Catering was lead by Mr. T. Milton HOD, and Asst. Professor Mr. Abraham Alex.
Asan Catering creatively prepared and sold a variety of Delicious Desserts.
The Grand Vegetable Carving stall had various Vegetable Flower Bouquet, Pumpkin and Watermelon Carvings by the Final Year Student Chef Mr. Nithosh.
The Bar counter manned by Final Year Student Mr. Clinton and First Year Student Mr. Sandeep was thoroughly appreciated by the participants. They prepared Colourful Mocktails with fabulous garnish and did scintillating Bar Juggling show which enthralled the crowd.
This event not only gave our Institutions a wide visibility, but also was very educative and a practical experience for our students.
International Conference By Indian Tourism Congress
ISBN Book Release in Challenging Global Scenario
Spiritual Tourism Paper Presentation
School Cooks Training Programme
Kohinoor Asiana Hotel-An Industrial Visit
Xmas Cake Mixing Ceremony
Christofest – A Christmas Theme
Hotel Visit on 4th January, 2013
Campus Interview By Residency Group of Hotels
Pongal Celebrations- Kolam Competitions
Campus Interview Preparatory Workshop
Campus interview By Rain Tree Group Of Hotels
AVA Awards 2017 on 09-03-2017
11th Asan Video Awards 2017" on 09th March 2017 "- Jaladampet Campus.Chief Guest,Mr.Balaji Tharaneetharan , Film Director.AVA Awards 2017
Activities for Oct 2016 -jan 2017
1. III year Visual Communication students has successfully completed one month internship programme in various media organisation namely News 7, Zee Tamil, D frames entertainment, Raj TV, Behind the Cinemas (Web Channel), Satyam TV, Doordarshan, Vijay TV, News18, Indo-Asian news channel, Forward media (Magazine), Red crab photography studio.
2. Delip Kumar, II year Viscom student won I prize in drawing competition held in Dr.M.G.R –Janaki Women’s Arts and Science College, Chennai on 11/01/2017,Wednesday.
Asan Visual Times 2016
"Addiction 2016" on -07th October 2016
Department of Visual Communication was conducted the events "Addiction 2016" on " 07th October 2016 "(Friday) in the college auditorium - Jaladampet Campus
"Panora 2016" on -06th October 2016
Department of Visual Communication was conducted the events "Panora 2016" on " 06th October 2016 "(Thursday) in the college auditorium - Jaladampet Campus
International Tiger day was celebrated on 29th July 2016
International Tiger day was celebrated on 29th July 2016 in our college campus .The program was conducted by Department of Visual Communication.
AVA Results -2016
AVA 2016- Report
1.Asan Video Awards is the prime event of Visual Communication department.
2.This year we celebrated 10th AVA. Asan Video Awards was inducted in the year 2006 by the 1st batch of our visual communication department.
3.It was pioneered and mentored by our pillar of strength and guide Mr. K. S. Sethumadhavan and our management committee of Asan Memorial Association, Chennai. We got nearly 100 entries from various media institutes and colleges at national level.
4.The competition was categorised into streams like Short Films, Documentry, Animated movies and Ad films. The entries were shortlisted and evaluated by the jury team headed by Mr. K.S. Sethumadhavan, Film Thespian and his members – Mr. Sasi, Film Director, Dr. Vijayaraghavan, Retd. Director Songs and Drama Division, I&B Ministry and Mr. Shivprasadh, Producer and Columnist.
5.The winners and runner-up for the awards was received a total of Rs 60,000 as prize for their achievements.The students of Ethiraj college, Hindustan Arts and Science college, Pondichery University, Bharathiar University, SRM university, Madurai Kamaraj University, LV Prasad Academy won awards.
AVA 2016- Shortlisted Films
Visual Communication Seminar on Indesign
Activity Report for the Month of JULY-AUGUST 2015
1.Mr. Akshay Gopal I year student won III prize in Malayalam Poetry writing competition in SOUL’ 15 held in Hindustan College of Arts and Science on 12th August.
2.Organized a seminar on 11th August for III year students, about Camera techniques and Lighting techniques and demonstrated the latest canon techniques, presented by Mr. Saiprasath, Technical expert, Canon, Chennai
3.Organized a seminar on 4th August for III year and II year students, about Visual effects and Compositing (software-Nuke), Designing newsletter (Adobe INdesign) presented by Mr. Varun and Mr.Manigandan team, Technical experts, Image, Chennai.
4Our department participated in ‘Genesis 2015’ event on 17th and 18th August in Asan Memorial School..
World Wet Land Day was celebrated on 2/2/2015
World Wet Land Day was celebrated on 2/2/2015. Visual Communication students participated in the Drawing competition and won prize certificates and participation certificate
2 D animation & Terracotta workshop
2 D animation & Terracotta workshop conducted on January 22nd and 23rd 2015 for school and college students in the department of visual communication.
Activities Of September 2014
Seminar on InDesign and Z-brush
The Department of visual communication conducted a seminar on InDesign and Z-brush Multimedia software’s for II and III year students. The experts from Image Institute, Velachery Mr. Srinivasan (Marketing Executive), Mr. Kandhaswamy (Z-Brush Expert) and Mr.Senthil (InDesign Expert) gave speech on the Technical aspects and application of the software. They also discussed the career opportunities in the multimedia and IT industry.
Madras Christian College conducted a PR Activity
1. 2nd Year students of the department of communication, Madras Christian College conducted a PR activity in the Department of Visual Communication on 04.09.2014. The Activity was on "Right to Information" and they performed a Tamil Skit and Street play based on the theme.
2. Mr. Selvaraj, President, South zone, Department of Anti Corruption lectured the students about RTI.
3. Mr S. Pragadeeshvel, was the coordinator of the program.
Intership @ Media Companies
Chennai International Film Festival
National Conference By Association of Communication Teachers
Exhibition By Microbiology Students
Short Film Submission By Arjun Sethu
South Indian Art Lecture
Activities for the month of Sep-Oct 2016
Mrs N. Vanaja HOD BBA, has been invited as judge for singing competiton at AKG public school on 30 h august and as a Judge in the interschool English Literery Competitions ‘Progressio’ organised by Velammal Group of Institutions on 10 th September 2016.
On 10 th September, Mr. Anandasekaran and Mr. Rehman Sheriff of III BBA attended the final interview and got selected in campus placement conducted by Cap Gemini
II and III BBA girl students attended a pre-placement training programme held by Rexona Confidence Academy on 29 th September 2016 organised by Asan Institute Management .
Mr.Erik Kerketta, II BBA participated in Painting competition at an Inter-college cultural competitions “Pradharshini” of Kilpauk Medical college held on 29 th September 2016.
On 1 st October 2016 the II BBA students were taken on an Environmental Studies Field trip to Aringar Anna Zoological Park.
Mr.Erik Kerketta, II BBA won Ist Prize in Logo Designing competition and Mr.Karthikeyan, III BBA won Ist Prize in Slogan Writing competition in “Addiction” an Inter-department competition held by the Department of Visual Communication of Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science on 7 th October 2016.
Ms.Mahalakshmi, III BBA participated in Logo Designing competition and Mr.Suraj Jain, III BBA participated in Slogan Writing competition in “Addiction” an Inter-dept competition held by the Department of Visual Communication of Asan Memorial College of Arts and Science on 7 th October 2016.Photos....
Department of BBA was Participated on - 06thAugust 2016
1. Kabila.B of III BBA Participated in the intercollegiate competition (French) conducted by SSS JAIN College on 6 nd August 2016 and won the 3 rd prize in the Event DUMB CHARAD. 2. Kabila.B of III BBA Participated in the intercollegiate competition (French) conducted by GuruNanak College on 9 th August 2016 and won the 1 st prize in the Event DUMB CHARAD.
Department of BBA Workshop on - 22ndJuly 2016
First year BBA Orientation Programme was conducted on - 1st July 2016
Seminar on Career Avenues in Management organised by BBA - on 29th July 2016
VISIT to SEBI Programme on 28th June 2016 by III BBA Students and Staff
Activities for the Month of February-March 2016
Activities for the month of September-October 2015
1. Ms. Ishwarya Iyer, II BBA, won III prize in Ad-film compettion organised by in an intercollegiate fest ‘Chaitanya’ organised by Kanniyaka Parameswari College on 22nd September 2015
2. Ms. Keerthna, Ms.Helen, Ms. Devaki, Ms.Ishwarya Iyer and Mr. Arjun of III BBA attended a one day HR workshop organised by AIM on 29th September
3. A workshop on “Leadership and Motivation Strategies for Entrepreneurship in a Globalized Market Economy”, was organized on 30th September for the III BBA students. Students from B.Com, B.Com,C.S. B.Com.C.A., also participated ..Dr. V. Jacob John, Chairman, IDRCE, Program and Publication Officer, MIDS was the resource person
4. The department of Business Administration organised its 8th Edition of the mega intercollegiate meet ENTHUZAA on 10th October.. Various competitions like Quiz, Paper Presentation, Ad copy, Cross word, Group Dance were conducted. Madras Christian Cllge Bagged the Overall Trophy
5. Popular Sand Artist Mrs.Latha performed a wonderful sand animation art programme
ED Workshop on "Leadership and Motivation Startegies in a Globalized
Market Economy" on 30th September 2015
Awareness on CAT, MAT Entrance Exams held on 12th August 2015
Behavioural Change Communication held on 3rd August 2015
Sports Day 2015
Behavioural Change Communication Seminar held on 12th March 2015
EVS Field Trip to Birla Planetarium for II BBA on 14th Feb 2015
EVS Expo 2015 held on 6th Feb
SEBI Workshop held on 29.01.2015
Rotaract Club Chennai organized the Reciprocity Wave Competition
Rotaract Club Chennai organized the Reciprocity Wave Competition which was held at Anna University on 31st January 2015. There were competitions like Poster designing, Sculpturing and Fooya (Gaming Tournaments in Computer). Final Year Mohammed Fiyazzudin participated in the National Gaming Competition and won First Place out of 26 participants from different colleges. He was awarded a Shield, Medal, certificate and a cash prize of Rs.10,000.
I BBA students and staff administering the National Voter's Day Pledge
III BBA students participating in Skill Development Workshop at the ABS
Activities for the month of December 2014 - January 2015
1. Mr. Arjun, Ms. Yashasvi, Ms. Keerthan, Ms. Suchitra, Mr. Chidambaram and Mr. Prabakaran of II B.B.A. participated in various competitions in MAGMA organized by AIM on 8th January.
2. Mr. Ashish Suresh, Mr. Madhavan and Mr. Ashok of III B.B.A. participated and displayed charts and models in a ‘Consumer Club Exhibition’ organized by Patrician College on 8th January 2015.
3. Students of B.B.A. participated in various competitions organized during Pongal celebrations on 9th January.
4. Mr. K. Rithwik of II B.B.A. has participated and won the following prizes in “SAARANG 2015” organized by IIT Madras on 9th and 10th January 2015.
5. Ms. Yashasvi and Mr. Arjun of II B.B.A. participated in the 44th intercollegiate quiz competition organized by Lions Club at Chennai on 10th January 2015. (Last year this team bagged I prize of Rs.3000/- with Award)
6. Ms. Deepshika Kailash of III B.B.A. has won II prize and Ms. Yashasvi Chaturvedi has won III prize in the ‘All India Essay Writing Competition 2014’, organized by Sri Ram Chandra Mission on 11th January 2015.
I Prize in BIZ QUIZ with a cash prize of Rs.3000/-
II Prize in SP-ENT QUIZ with a cash prize of Rs.2000/-
II Prize in INDIA QUIZ with a cash prize of Rs.2000/-
7. Mrs. N. Vanaja, HOD B.B.A. was invited as a Guest of Honor, in an NGO, Madurai, on its 32nd Anniversary Celebrations on 27th December 2014.
Activities of september to October 2014
Five students of III B.B.A. Ms. Leema, Ms. Subashini, Mr. Aravind, Ms. Shalini and Mr. Ashish attended a one day workshop on “Marketing Manajo” on 19th September, organised by AIM. Mr. Sadanandalaishram of III B.B.A. and Ms. Ishwarya of II B.B.A. participated and won I Prize of Rs.500/- in AD design competition. Ms. Yuvarekha, Ms. Saranya, Ms. Suchitra and Ms. Devaki of II B.B.A. participated in collage competition.
On 19th September, students of B.B.A. participated in various competitions organized by MCC under the banner ‘INSIGNIA’.
Mr. Arjun, Mr. Inigo, Mr. Prabakaran - Poster designing
Mr. Ashok and Ms. Leema - Product Packaging
Ms. Princy and Ms. Wincy - Product war
Ms. Keerthana - Stress Interview
Mr. Arjun and Mr. Libin - Pot pourri
Mr. Shijo, Mr. Vijith and Mr. Libin - Logo designing.
Ms. Roseline, Assistant Professor, B.B.A., presented a paper on ‘Mobile Banking – Intelligence Assistance’ in National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in the role of Banking and Management in India’ organised in Sri Santhoshi College of Arts and Science, Paiyambadi, Maduranthakam on 24th September 2014.
On 26th September, Mr. Arjun and Mr. Libin of II B.B.A. presented a paper on ‘Octapace Organisational Culture’. Mr. Asif of II B.B.A., participated in Best Manager competition held at M.B.A. symposium Meet EKTA2014 organised by Jerusalem Engg College.
On 26th September, Madras Management Association and Time Institute organized an intercollegiate quiz ‘ENCOUNTER’. Three teams from BBA participated. Ms. Deepshika and Mr. Sadanand of III B.B.A., Mr. Ashish and Mr. Jagadeeshwaran of III B.B.A. and Ms. Keerthana and Ms. Suchitra of II B.B.A.
On 26th September, D. G. Vaishnav College organised an Annual Management Meet - COMAT 2K14. Mr. Sudhass and Mr. Chidambaram of II B.B.A. presented a paper on ‘Advantages in Social Networking’. Ms. Lakshmi sumana and Mr. Rahman Sheriff of I B.B.A. participated in Business Quiz.
On 1st October 2014, an Industrial visit to SEBI was organized for III B.B.A. students.
On 9th October 2014, the final year students visited PARLE-G factory, Madhavaram, as part of their industrial visit programme.
Mrs. Vanaja, HOD, B.B.A., published a paper on ‘Perceived Parental Support in Decision Making” in an International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences-Volume 4, Issue 10-430-443- ISSN 2249-5894.
Mrs. N. Vanaja, HOD, B.B.A., published a paper on ‘Day Care Centre – A Measure to maintain Work Life Balance’ and Ms. Roseline, Asst. Prof. of B.B.A., published a paper on ‘Empirical study on SHG in Kanyakumari District’ at a National Conference on Management Research in Changing Climate – MRCC 2014, organized by Department of Management Studies SRM Eswari Engineering College, Chennai on 17th October 2014. These papers were also published in an International Journal of Management Research ‘Samzodhana’ volume 2, Issue 2, ISSN 2347- 4270.
Around 35 final year B.B.A. students attended a one day Placement workshop on ‘What Next’ on 15th October 2014. Rotarians were the resource persons.
Ms. Roseline, Asst. Prof. of B.B.A. department attended a one day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on ‘Teaching and Mentoring Excellence’ on 18th October 2014 at Hotel JP, Chennai, organized by ITM Business School, Chennai.
SEBI Industrial Visit on 1st October 2014
Activities Report – July – August - 2014.
1. CAMS – conducted an awareness workshop on ‘Job Opportunities in Banking, Finance , Insurance and Service Sectors’, for the final year BBA students on 23rd July 2014. The resource person was Mr. Rajan, Manager, CAMS-Registrar Company for Banking, Finance and Insurance.
2. Mr. Sudhass and Mr. Prabakaran of II BBA won II Prize and a gift voucher worth Rs.1, 500/- in Face Painting competition conducted by Thanthi TV on July 25th 2014.
3. III year BBA students conducted a friendly cricket match for II and I BBA students on 5th August. II BBA team won the match.
4. A two day Personality Workshop was conducted for III BBA students on 6th and 7th August 2014. Trainer: Mr. Sudhir from Zen.
5. Mr. Thameem Ansari, Mr. Kathirvel, Mr. Manikandan Mr. Sabarinathan and Ms. Ezhil of I BBA participated and distributed leaflets to the public to mark “Road Safety Awareness Campaign” on 10th August 2014, organized by NSS Wing.
6. Mr. Anandasekaran, Ms. Saisree, Mr. Sreesanth and Mr. Karthikeyan of I BBA attended a workshop on ‘Scope of French Language in Global Market organised by French Departmenr on 12th August. The Resouce Person was Mr. Rudhran Raghavan, Director, Here & Now –French Language Institute.
Activities Report – June – July 2014.
1. A workshop on “Awareness on CAT / MAT Exams” was conducted on 20th June 2014 by TIME Institute for II year BBA students.
2. A workshop for Young Investors was conducted on 7th July 2014 by SEBI for II & III year students. Resource person was Mr.Ramesh Shankar, Educational Trainer, SEBI.
Personality Development Workshop
EHICS' 2012 @ Ethiraj College for Women
COMMERCIUM @ MCC
Off-Campus Interview @ AGNI College of Technology
Campus Placement By Technosoft
Best Manager Event
ACTIVITIES FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY & MARCH 2017
ACTIVITIES FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY & FEBRUARY 2017
STAFF ACTIVITIES - Jan 2017
1. Dr. M. Jaya, Head, Department of Commerce was appointed as an External Expert for the Doctoral Committee in the Dept. Of Management Studies in SCSVMV University, Enathur, Kanchipuram on 3rd November 2016.
Mrs. L. Harriet Persiya, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce attended a two day National level workshop on “Structured Equation Modeling (SEM) using SPSS & AMOS for Quantitative Data Analysis” organised by Sai Ram Institute of Management, Chennai on 21st & 22nd of November 2016.
Ms. K. Nirmaladevi, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce attended a two day National level workshop on “Structured Equation Modeling (SEM) using SPSS & AMOS for Quantitative Data Analysis” organised by Sai Ram Institute of Management, Chennai on 21st & 22nd of November 2016.
STUDENTS ACTIVITIES - Jan 2017
1. Ms. V. Gayathri of II B.Com. (General) participated and received a consolation prize of Rs. 1000 in the Oratorical competition organied by Gurunanak College on 2nd January 2017.
2. Ms. V. Gayathri & Ms. S. Gayathri of II B.Com. won I Prize in the Quiz competition organized by Citizen Consumer Club of Prince Shri Venkadeshwara Arts & Science College on 6th January 2017. Selected Students of Commerce department also participated in the various events like Quiz, Mime, Collage & Junk Art.
Selected Students of B.Com. (G, C.A.,& C.S.) attended a session on ‘Banking – As a Career” organised by Times of India education Initiative Timespro on 7th January 2017.Photos....
One Day Seminar - 28th December, 2016
2. Mrs. L. Harriet Persiya, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce and selected Students of B.Com. (General, Computer Applications & Corporate Secretaryship) participated in a One Day Seminar on “Investors Awareness and fundamentals of stock exchange” organized by PG & Research Dept. of Commerce, The Quaide Milleth College for Men in association with Institute of Company Secretaries of India on 28th December, 2016.Photos....
Guest Lecture on "Career as a Company Secretary" - 30th Nov'2016
Department of Commerce in coordination with Institute of Corporate Secretaryship organised an eye-opening session for the first year students of B.Com. (G, C.A. & C.S.) on "Career as a Company Secretary" on 30.11.2016. Mrs. Chitra Anantharaman, Deputy Director, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India Southern India Regional Council, Chennai addressed the students. Mrs. Vidya, a leading Tax and Regulatory Consultant interacted with the students during the session.For more Photos....
Staff Activities 2016
Dr. S. Porkodi , Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce was invited as a special guest for the inauguration of "COSA" - Corporate Secretaries Association in Soka Ikeda College of Arts and Science for women, Chennai on 14th October 2016For more Photos....
Dr. V.Charulatha, Head, Department of Commerce, (Corporate Secretaryship) was appointed as an External Examiner for M.Phil., Viva-Voce Examination in Vels University, Chennai on 3 rd October 2016.
Activities for the month of Oct 2016
Students of Commerce Department participated and won prizes in the Inter Department competitions ‘Addiction’ organised by Viscom Department on 7 th October 2016. The details are
"SYNERGIA 2K16" on - 01st October 2016
The Commerce Department of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Chennai has organised a Mega Inter-Collegiate Meet - “Synergia 2K16” on 1st October 2016. Mr. G Srinivasan, General Manager, Ford Business Services Center Pvt. Ltd., Chennai has graced the occasion as Chief Guest.
Nearly 200 participants from 20 colleges in and around Chennai have participated in the meet. Renowned colleges like A.M. Jain College, M.C.C., Guru Nanak College, S.D.N.B. College, D.B. Jain College, Ethiraj College, Saveetha School of Law have actively participated in the various on-stage and off-stage events. Mr. Vignesh Narasimman, Technical Head (Client), British Telecom, U.K. and ITA, TCS, delivered the valedictory address and distributed the cash prizes and certificates to the participants. Guru Nanak College won the overall championship of Synergia 2K16.For more Photos....
Guest Lecture on ‘Salary Structure and Tax Planning’ - 24th August 2016
"Mr. George V Joseph, Financial Controller, Asan Memorial Educational Institutions gave an insight on ‘Salary Structure and Tax Planning’ to the final year students of B.Com. (General) and (Corporate Secretaryship) on 24th August 2016. The interactive session enlightened the students on the practical aspects of computation of Income Tax and an effective tax planning."Photos....
Guest Lecture on "Practical Aspects of Tally" - 18th August 2016
“The exposure to the practical applications of Tally in the industries is given to the second and third year B.Com (Computer Application) students through a guest lecture on "Practical Aspects of Tally" on 18th August 2016. Ms. Devaki, Senior Tally Trainer, Kalvi Group Acadamy, Chennai, gave the practical insights and shared the technicalities related to the Tally Software.”
Guest Lecture on "Stock market and online share trading" - 17th August 2016
A team from Sharekhan addressed and enlightened the B.Com (General and Corporate secretaryship) students on "Stock market and online share trading" on 17th August 2016. Mr. V. Krishnamurthy, Regional Advisory Manager & Mr. Mohan raj M, Team Manager Sales graced the occasion and interacted with the students and gave exposure to the techniques of online trading.
Guest Lecture on “Investor’s Perspective on Mutual Fund” - 16th August 2016
Department of Commerce organizes a Guest Lecture on “Investor’s Perspective on Mutual Fund” on 16th August 2016 for the final year students of B.Com. (Corporate Secretaryship) and second year B.Com. (General). Dr. S. Prakash, Senior Manager, Franklin Templeton International Services, Chennai addressed and enlightened the students.
Seminar in“Career in Indian Armed Forces” - 16th August 2016
Department of Commerce organizes a Seminar in association with Defence Academy, Chennai on “Career in Indian Armed Forces” on 16th August 2016 for the final year students of B.Com. (General and Computer Applications). The resource person for the Seminar was A. Surendren, Director, Defence Academy, Chennai.
Guest Lecture on "Recruitment Process Outsourcing" - 08th August 2016
Department of Commerce organised a Guest Lecture on "Recruitment Process Outsourcing" (RPO) for the final year students of B.Com. General and Corporate Secretaryship on 8th August 2016. Mr. J. S. Sukumar, Cheif Executive Officer of Udhavi.in - Education & Business Management Consultancy addressed and enlightened the students on the latest trends and the opportunities in the Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO).
Guest Lecture on "Professional Courses - An Insight" - 03rd August 2016
Department of Commerce organises a Guest Lecture on "Professional Courses - An Insight" on 3rd August 2016 for the First Year students of B.Com. (General) & (Computer Applications). The Resource Person for the session is S. Venkatesan, Chartered Accountant, Chennai.
SEBI - 25.07.2016
First prize in Adaptune Competition
"Seminar " - Organized by B.Com Department on 15th July 2016
1.Department of Commerce organizes a Seminar in association with Bombay Stock Exchange on Financial Investment on 15th July 2016 for the final year students of B.Com. (General, C.A., C.S.). The resource persons for the Seminar were Ms. Sowmya Joseph, Regional Manager and Mr. Meganathan G, Business Development Executive. . .
Last Years Activities
Activities for the month of- January - 2017
Ajith Thomas III BBA (Shift II) won 2 nd prize in Ship wreek and 2 nd prize in Best Manager conducted by ITM College(MANAQUEST 2017) 0n 6 th January 2017,
Indian Institute of Logistics conducted a presentation on “ Post Graduate Program in Logistics and Shipping” on 7 th Jan 2017 at 3.00pm (one hour session) for final year students of BBA, BCA, B.Com (G) B.Com A&F in our college campus. The program was presented by Cap. V.J Pushpakumar & Team, Director and Founder of Indian Institute of Logistics.Photos...
Activities for the month of OCTOBER 2015
1.9th October- A guest lecture by Dr.V.M.Ponniah, Associate Dean, Management Studies, SRM University on topic ‘Role of Banks in entrepreneurship development’.
2.10th October- Vivek krishnamoorthy of III BBA and Ajith Thomas of II BBA won III prize in Quiz in Enthusaa- A intercollegiate Competition conducted by BBA Department of Shift-I of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science.
Activities for the month of AUGUST 2015
1.2nd August 2015- P. Muthuveeran of II BBA won Gold medal in kickboxing held at Sakthi Mariamman Engineering College under Rural Game Federation of India.
2.12th Augutst- Workshop was conducted to Final year BBA students on the topic ‘career in the army’.
Activities for the month of JUNE 2015
1.June 20th-23rd June -P. Muthuveeran of II BBA won 2 Silver medals at National Level Vovinam Tournament for the events Boxing and Nue mon Quen event.
Activities for the month of August 2016
Department of B.COM (Accounting and Finance) SHIFT – II (2016-2017)
On 6-08-2016 P.Maniuthra (II Year) was participated a competition of Dumbcharader (French) in S.S.Jain college T.nagar. She won 2 nd prize.
On 9-08-2016 P.Maniuthra (II Year) was participated a competition of Dumbcharader (French) in Guru Nanak college Velachery. She won 1 nd prize.
On 2-08-2016 PallaviSamant (III Year) was participated a competition of Extempore (speech) in Hindi, Topic on Indian Soldier.
Activities for the month of August-September 2015
1.A guest lecture program was conducted on September 28 2015 on the topic"Powers and Duties of Income Tax authorities".The resource person wasMr. Ganesan ,Assistant professor in Annai velakanni's arts and science college ,chennai..
2.Pallavi Samanth of II B.COM A&F won FIRST PRIZE in SPEECH COMPETITION in the inter collegiate competitions conducted atSDNB VAISHNAV COLLEGE on AUGUST 1ST 2015.She gotcertificate, trophy and cash prize of Rs 450.
3.Pallavi Samanth of II BCOM A&F won SECOND PRIZE in BEST OUT OF WASTE COMPETITION in the intercollegiate competitions conducted at ANNA ADARSH COLLEGE on September 11th2015.She got trophy and certificate for the same.
Activities For the month of FEB-2017 To MAR- 2017
1. III BCA students Participated in an intercollegiate event “MAGMA 2K17” BATTLE OF PROFESSIONS” on 1.3.17 Conducted by Asan Institute of Management.
1. Dhinakaran,2.Yuvaraj,3.Madhu Sudhan
1.Arunkumar, 2.Dhinakaran,3.Yuvaraj,4. Madhu Sudhan 5.Nandha Kumar 6. Deepak.
2. I BCA Students Participated in an French intercollegiate event “ FÊTE À FORÊT” conducted by Madras Christian college on 9.3.17.
1. Nirmal Raj. N
1. Nirmal Raj. N
1. Joman Johny
3.Department of BCA(III Year) went for the one day trip to “QUEEN’S LAND” on 14.3.17.
Activities For the month of Jan-2017 To Feb- 2017
1.III BCA students Participated in an intercollegiate Event “Pinnacle 17” Conducted by Easwari Engineering College on 31.1.17.
1. Dhinakaran,2. Gayathri.
2. BCA students participated in a World level essay competition about lord Mahaver conducted by Lord Mahaveer Trust on 31.1.17.
3.III BCA students attended campus Interview “HM Aviation” on 301.17.
4.III BCA studentsAttended a logical reasoning workshop conducted by AMIMA MBA Department on 9.1.17-11.1.17.
5. BCA Students participated in Chennai walkathon 2017 organised by Sandhi world foundation “Walking a mile makes you smile” on 30.1.17.
1.Ranjith V, 2.Akil K.Anil, 3.Vijay j.
6. BCA Students participated in an Intramural Competition conducted by Asan Memorial college of Arts & science.
7.III BCA Students Participated in an Intercollegiate event “charisma 2K17” Conducted by S.I.E.T. college.
8.II BCA Students Participated in an EVS EXPO conducted by BBA Department (Shift I) of Asan Menorial College Of Arts & Science on 17.2.17.
9. III BCA Students Participated in an nation level technical symposium “AMETROS 2K17” conducted by Anand Insitute of Higher Technology on 24.2.17.
1.Deepak,2.Madhu Sudhan, 3.Nandha Kumar.
10.III BCA Students attended the campus interview conducted by “Sutherland Global Services” on 24.2.17.
Industrial visit to logistics (port) on 11/02/2017
III BCA students attended an industrial visit to logistics (port) on 11/02/2017.
Activities For the month of Oct-2016 to Jan- 2017
1. BCA students Participated in an intercollegiate competition “MANAQUEST 2017” conducted by ITM Business School on 6.1.17.
1. Adzap: IInd Place won a Trophy
2. Adaptune: Participated (III year)
3. Dance: Participated (I year)
2. III BCA students Participated in an intercollegiate event @4th Chennai literary Festival” conducted by S.I.E.T Women’s college on 7.1.17.
1. Quiz:Ist Prize
1.Participants: Pavithra, Sudha, Keerthika, Gayathri, Amurutha, Kavitha, Lokesh, Aadrash, Prashanth,Thangaraj.
3.III rd BCA Students attending a workshop on “Logical Reasoning” conducting by AMIMA during 9 January 2017 to 11 January 2017.
Activities For the month of Sep To Oct- 2016
1. III BCA students Participated in an intercollegiate competition “SALVATION 2K16”conducted by Velammal Institute of technology on 22.9.2016.They won the overall championship and a cash prize of Rs.15, 000.
1. Adzap:Ist Place
2. Quiz: Ist Place
3. Gaming: Ist Place.1. Yuvaraj.S
2. III BCA students S.Anu and K.Aswini attended a National level seminar on “BIG DATA AND DATA SCIENCE” conducted by Gurunanak college of Arts and Science on 28.9.2016.
3. III BCA and II BCA girls students attended a Preplacement Training Program conducted by Hindustan Unilever Pvt Ltd., and Rexona on 29.9.2016.
4. III BCA students Participated in an intercollegiate competition “TECHACK”conducted by Madha Engineering College on 30.9.2016.
1. Connexions::Ist Place and cash prize of Rs.1000.
2. Gaming: Participation
3. Quiz: Participation
4. Adzap: Participation
5. III BCA Students Participated in an intercollegiate event “CALLIDA 2K16”State level Technical symposium conducted by MNM Jain Engineering College on 1.10.2016.
Activities For the month of June - August 2016
III BCA students attended a seminar on “JAVA IN IT INDUSTRY” on 8.8.2016.The Resource Person was Mr.Srinivasan, Voice Training & Research Institute, Chennai. II BCA students attended the NSS camp from 22.6.2016 to 28.6.2016.The following students participated the Camp,
Activities for the month of January -February 2016
1 .The Students of III BCA students has attended the campus interview Conducted by Global Service on 28.01.16. Ms.M.Sowmiya.M,Ms.Ramya.v,MS.Merlina.K, Ms.Surya.k,Mr.MarunRaj.M,Mr.Rajkumar.G was selected in the above mention Company.
2. Mr.S.Yuvaraj,Mr.R.Arun Kumar of Students II BCA participated in intercollege competition [Event Name:Junker] in M.O.P Vaishnav College for women on 30.01.16
Activities for the month of September-October 2015
1. Mr.M.Selvaganapathy and Mr.M.Surya Saravanan of III BCA won 1st price in Code Champ Event held at S.D.N.B.Vaishnav college for women on 22/9/15
2. Mr.C.suresh, Mr.J.Sureshkumar, Mr.M.Marun Raj, Mr.V.Badri Narayanan, Mr.J.KarthikRaja, Mr.G.RaviKumar, Mr.L.Ajithkumar, Miss.M.Sowmiya, Miss. K.Merlina, Miss.M.Noornisha, Miss.V.Ramya, Miss.S.Malathi participated in various events.
Activities for the month of August-September 2015
1. D.Deepak, C.Gridhar, R.Arun Kumar, G.Nandha Kumar and S.Yuvaraj of II BCA participated in Intercollegiate competition held at S.R.M Arts and Science College on 8/9/15.
2. I BCA students participated in “What Next...?” conducted by Mrs.Vasanthi Ranganathan (Dean AMEI) on 14/9/15
Activities for the month of July - August 2015
1. III BCA Students attended a seminar on web design organized by "Opportunity InfoTech" on 23rd JULY 2015.
2. Redington Smart Learning Institution conducted job training program for 3 months .III BCA Students of Ms.Merlina, Ms.Malathi, Ms. Noor Nisha, Ms.Ranjani, Mr.Selvaganapathi participated in the training program
3. 10 students of III BCA attended one day workshop on “Career in Army Force” organized by Vasanthi Ranganathan (Dean AMEI) on 12TH AUG 2015
Activities for the Month of August -2014
1. Students of III BCA attended one day seminar in JAVA and Multimedia on August2014. The resource person was Mr.P.Venkatasubramaniam, Opportunity Infotech,Chennai.
2. Students of II BCA Participated in the intercollegiate competition (French) conducted by SSS JAIN College on 2nd August 2014 and won the prize inthe following Events.
|Quiz||Sowmiya &Keertha||II BCA||II Prize|
|Dumpchards||Ramya &Devadharshini||I & II BCA||II Prize|
|Tongue Twister||Keerthna||II BCA||III Prize|
|TABOO||Keerthana &sowmiya||II BCA||II Prize|
3. Students of III &I BCA(Ms Pavithra,Ms Srija,Ms Shobaba,Ms Yuvarani) Participated in the intercollegiate competition conducted by SSS JAIN College on 2nd August 2014.
4. Mr. KamalPrasad Kandel of III BCA Participated in Intercollegiate Table Tennis Competition Conducted by Guru Nanak College on 18/08/2014.
Activities for the month of March-2016
1.Mr.Balakrishnan.S Dept.of B.Com(G) published a paper on "IMPACT OF LEADERSHIP STYLE ON ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYEES IN IT COMPANIES - A STUDY WITH REFERENCE TO CHENNAI CITY" in International Journal of Business and Administration Research Review, Vol. 1, Issue.1, Jan-March, 2016.
Activities for the month of August –September 2015
1. Rahul kumar and Nanda kumar of I B.Com (G), Nandha kumar of II B.Com(G) participated in Cricket match at SIVET on 20/8/2015
2.Githu sunis , siju, sathish balaji and Kamal of III B.Com(G) , Vigneshwaran, Barath of II B.Com(G) has participate and won a cash award of 1500 (ADZAP) in the intercollegiate competition(Eminence 2015)conducted by Loyola college of arts and science on 21/8/2015
3.Priyanka , Divya , Subalakshmi, Saranya of III B.Com(G), Vigneshwaran , Aishwariya , Renuka , of II B.Com(G) Nandha kumar, Rahul , Arun singh , Arun pandiyan , Siva kumar , Vinothini sri , Jeeva , Jenifir shalini of I B.Com(G) has participate in the Event PRODUCT PACKING in the intercollegiate competition(Eminence 2015)conducted by Loyola college of arts and science on 21/8/2015
4.Balaprabha, Renuka devi , Prathibha , Divya has participated in the event poo kolam competition conducted in our college campus in occasion of ONAM on 25/8/2015
5.Renuka, of II B.Com(G) , Govind jha III B.Com(G), Rahul kumar of I B.Com(G) Has participated in the event dumb charades in the Hindi competition at S.D.N.B vaishnava college on 1/09/2015
6.Gopa menjo of III B.Com(G), Laishram ronsoon singh of II B.Com(G) has participated in Football match at HINDU COLLEGE on 3/9/2015
7.Students of III B.Com(G) has attended the ENACTUS meeting and a project held at SYNTEL,SIPCOT on 3/9/2015
8.Githu Sunish, Vigneshwaran of III B.Com(G) has participated and won 3rd place in the event NO TALKIES (SMRITHI 2015 ) Organised by S.D.N.B vaishnav college for Women on 9/9/2015
9. Githu Sunish, of III B.Com(G) has participated and won 2rd place in the event JAM (SMRITHI 2015 ) Organised by S.D.N.B vaishnav college for Women on 9/9/2015
VIBRANTZ – 2015
1. VIBRANTZ 2015 -To Challenge yourself…, an annual intercollegiate meet was conducted by the Department of B.Com (General), (Accounts and Finance) and BBA on Thursday, 12th February 2015.
2. The Social Activist Mr. Palam Kalyanasundaram, “Man of the Millennium”, inaugurated the event by lighting the Kuthu Villakku and delivered the inaugural address.
3. The event was felicitated by the Joint Secretary of our college Dr. E.K. Purushothaman and our Principal Dr. S. Ramanathan.
4. After the tea break, various competitions were held in the Main Auditorium, Mini Auditorium, MBA Conference Hall and the AV room.
5. 7 colleges participated in the competitions.
6. Mr. VGS. Amaladas Rajesh, Chairman & CEO, Channel 26 Network Pvt. Ltd delivered the valedictory address and distributed the prizes in the Main Auditorium at 4:30 pm.
7. Overall championship was won by The NEW COLLEGE consecutively this year also.
Activities for the month of August 2014
1. A Guest lecture on “Interview process” was organised for the final year students of B.Com (General) and B.Com.(C.A.) on 23rd July 2014 by M.Rajan, Manager, CAMS.
2. Thanthi T.V. organized various talent programs for the students in our college campus. Sudeep K.S, 3rd year of B.Com (General) has won the First Prize in 60 seconds fame. Bhuvaneswari & group of 3rd year B.Com (General) has won first prize in rangoli competition. Ashok kumar of 3rd year B.Com (C.A.) won 2nd prize in Painting competition. Daniel & group of B.Com. (General) and B.Com. (C.A.) was the winner of group dance competition.
3. A Personality Development Programme was organised for the final year students of B.Com. (General) on 8th August 2014 and 11th August 2014 and for B.Com. (C.A.) students on 12th August 2014 and 13th August 2014. Mr. Sudhir was the resource person for the programme.
1. The Department of Commerce is organizing its Second International Conference on “E-BUSINESS-A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE CONTEMPORARY SCENARIO” on 27th and 28th August 2014. Mr. Cornelius Conlon, Founder Director and CEO, Merit Group Ltd, Birmingham, U.K. will inaugurate the Conference and deliver the inaugural address. Dr. P. David Jawahar, Registrar, University of Madras, Chennai and Mr. Neil Prem, Founder and International Director, Future Possibilities, Cambridge, U.K. will be the guest of honour during the Inaugural function.
2. Papers are invited from academicians, industrialists, research scholars and UG & PG students related to the conference theme and the articles collected are compiled in the form of an edited book with ISBN number and the same will be released during the Inaugural session. Resource persons for the technical sessions and panel experts are invited across the country from East Africa, Argentina, U.K., etc.
3. Mr. Ruban Hobday will deliver the Valedictory address. Mrs. K. Saraswathy, Secretary General, Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Chennai and Dr. K.P.V. Ramanakumar, Professor and Dean, Faculty of Management Studies, SCSVMV University, Kanchipuram will be the guest of honour during the Valedictory function
International Conference on e-Business
International Conference on e-Business
International Conference on e-Business - A Paradigm Shift in the contemporary Scenario – organized by Department of Commerce on 27th and 28th August 2014.
click here to download
VIBRANTZ – 2014
"VIBRANTZ – 2014 – To Challenge Yourself" the one-day inter-collegiate cultural event, organized by the Department of Commerce (General, Accounts & Finance) and Business Administration of Shift-II at AMCAS, is to be held at the college auditorium on January 9th, 2014. The Cultural program will include activities and events for students in the categories of Visual Art, Design and Communications. The Event is expected to draw an overwhelming response from various colleges across Chennai and around.
The on-stage and off-stage event schedule is as follows:
Activities of the Department for the month of June & July 2013
1. Final year students of B.Com. went for the Industrial Visit to Kaleeswari Refineries Pvt. Ltd., on 25th & 27th June 2013.
2. An presentation on "Entrance Examination Preparation" was given by Time Institute, Chennai for both second year General and Computer Application students of B.Com. on 27th June 2013.
3. Department of Commerce is planning to organize SYNERGIA – 2013 – An Inter Collegiate Technical Meet in the first week of September 2013. Students from more than 20 city colleges are expected to participate in the technical meet.
4. K. Karthik of B.Com. (General) II year has participated in All India Imitational Karate Gold Medal Championship Tournament 2013 and won Bronze Medal.
5. Kirthivasan. K. of B.Com. (General) III year has participated in Tamilnadu Badminton State Banking Championship held in PSNA College of Engineering, Dindugal.
6. A Guest Lecture was organized for final year students of B.Com and B.B.A. on 23rd July 2013. The lecture was given by the resource persons from "Aptech Aviation and Hospitality Academy".
7. A Guest Lecture was organized for final year students of B.Com in "Interview Techniques"on 25th July 2013. The lecture was given by Mr. Regi Christopher, Author of Best Selling books and a renowned trainer for leading firms.
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
REPORT OF THE SYNERGIA 2013 – INTER-COLLEGIATE TECHNICAL MEET
The Commerce Department of Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Chennai has organised an Inter-Collegiate Technical Meet - "Synergia 2013" on 5th September 2013. Mrs. Nagalakshmi Yagnaraman, Vice-President, Polaris Software Lab Ltd., has inaugurated the Technical Meet and delivered the inaugural address. Dr. S. Lakshmanan, Former General Manager, Indian Bank, Chennai has graced the occasion as Guest of Honour and delivered the Keynote address. Dr. E.K. Purushothaman , our Joint Secretary, has delivered the presidential address in the inaugural session. Dr. S.Ramanathan, our Principal gave the welcome address and Dr. M. Jaya, H.O.D. of Commerce proposed the vote of thanks.
Nearly 350 participants from 35 colleges in and around Chennai have participated in our meet. Renowned colleges like Loyola College, M.O.P. Vaishnav College, S.D.N.B. College, D.G. Vaishnav College, Hindustan College have actively participated in the various events. After the inaugural session tea break was given. Following the tea break various events were conducted simultaneously in ABS, AV Room, Mini Auditorium and Main auditorium. Dr. K. Malarvizhi, Dean, Hindustan College of Arts and Science chaired the paper presentation and 17 participants have presented the paper. 18 colleges have actively participated in Act 2 Promote. Mr. Gaurav of Loyola College has been selected as Best Manager 2013. More than 25 students of various colleges have participated in each off stage events like Fi'8 Ur Stockzz, Wrraap it Up, M'rkt D Waste and D Brain Churn. Mrs Abirami and Mrs Hemamalini, Founders of Bharatha Chitralaya Academy were the judges for Wrap it Up and M'rkt D Waste. Ms. Arthi Mangalam Jayaraj, Head, HR of Vivek's has conducted Bizie Quizee and the students from 28 colleges have participated actively in this event.
Thiru. T.E. Thiruvengadam, General Manager, Repco Bank – Govt. of India Enterprises, Chennai, delivered the valedictory address and distributed the cash prizes and certificates to the participants. Loyola College won the overall championship of Synergia 2013.
Inter collegiate competition Vaagai pasarai-2015
The Department of Language (Shift II) has proposed to organize “VAAGAI PAASARAI 2015 – TOWARDS SUCCESS” an inter collegiate Competitions on 23th January, 2015 at 9.30 am in the main Auditorium. We expect your same support and active participation to make this event a grand success.
Vaagai Paasarai 2015 - Report
1. Vaagai Paasarai 2015-Towards Success…, an annual intercollegiate meet was conducted by the Department of Languages (Tamil, English, French, Hindi and Malayalam) on Friday, 23rd January 2015
2. The event was inaugurated by famous poet Ms. Salma at 10.30 am at the Main Auditorium by lighting the kuthuvilakku and she delivered the inaugural address
3. The event was felicitated by Joint Secretary Dr. E.K. Purushothaman and the Principal Dr.S. Ramanathan
4. After the tea break, Tamil, English, French, Hindi and Malayalam departments conducted their competitions at the Main Auditorium, Mini Auditorium, M.B.A. Conference Hall, AV Room and M.B.A. Seminar room respectively
5. 14 colleges and around 250 students participated in the competitions
6. Valedictory function was conducted at 4.30 pm at the Main Auditorium
7. Sollin Selvi Smt. Bharathi Thirumagan delivered the valedictory address and distributed the prizes
8. Overall championship was won by LOYOLA COLLEGE.(Last year won by SDNB Vaishnav College for Women, Chromepet)
VAAGAI PAASARAI 2014
The Department of Language (Shift II) has proposed to organize "VAAGAI PAASARAI 2014 – TOWARDS SUCCESS" an Inter Collegiate Competitions on 23rd January, 2014 at 9.30 am in the main Auditorium. We expect your active participation to make this event success.
Department of English
|Sl.No||Name of the events||Rules|
2. Poems of either Robert Frost or Emily Dickinson
3. Should recite by heart with expressions
1. Topic will be given on the spot
2. Two persons in a team
3. Time limit : 45 minutes
4.Only charts will be provided
5.All other necessary materials like newspaper clippings, ribbons, bits of coloured papers, scissors, glue etc. should be brought by the participants themselves.
Department of Hindi
|Sl.No||Name of the events||Rules|
1. Questions based on Hindi literature, general knowledge, books and awards, proverbs and idioms
2. Two persons per team
2. Topics are separately enclosed.
3. Time limit: 5-6 minutes.
Department of French
|Sl.No||Name of the events||Rules|
1. Two members per team
2.Questions based on French culture, cuisine, personalities, geography, civilization, politics, cinema, language, products and companies etc.
1. Vocabulary based on house , sports, schools , colleges, office etc.
2.Two members per team.
Department of Malayalam
|Sl.No||Name of the events||Rules|
1. Two participants per team
2.Questions about Keralam.
2. On the spot topic.
3. Time-1 hr
- I.D Card must for all participants.
- Day and Evening colleges can register separately
- Spot registration can be done through our mail id
- Kindly bring the filled in registration form
- Three teams per college.
- Three participants per college for individual competitions.
- Judges' Decision will be final and binding
- Vulgarity and hurting of religions/politics/personal sentiments strictly prohibited for further enquiries
- Participation certificate will be given
- For Registration : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration on before 09.11.2013
- For further enquiries contact
- Photocopy of Registration form can be used
Tamil International Conference on 12-02-2017
INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON “KALAMTHORAM TAMIL” was organized by the Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Eegarai Tamil Kalanjiyam,Malaysia, Ippo Muthamizh Pavalar Mantram, Malaysia, Aathira Pathippagam,Chennai, on 12th February 2017.
For more Photos...
அப்துல்கலாம் பிறந்தநாள் விழா on 15-10-2016
முன்னாள் குடியரசுத்தலைவர், அறிவியல் விஞ்ஞானி Dr. A.P.J அப்துல்கலாம் அவர்களின் 85 ஆவது பிறந்தநாள் விழா இளைஞர் எழுச்சி தின விழாவாக ஆசான் நினைவு கலை மற்றும் அறிவியல் கல்லூரி தமிழ்த்துறையின் சார்பாகச் சனிக்கிழமை (15.10.16) அன்று காலை சிறப்பாக நடைபெற்றது. முதல் நிகழ்வாக அப்துல்கலாம் உருவப்படத்திற்கு மாலை அணிவித்துச் சிறப்பு செய்யப்பட்டது. தொடர்ந்து கல்லூரி வளாகத்தில் 50 மரக்கன்றுகள் நடும் நிகழ்ச்சியும் நடைபெற்றது. இந்நிகழ்ச்சியில், சென்னைப் பல்கலைக்கழக ஆட்சிமன்ற குழு உறுப்பினர், கல்லூரி முதல்வர் பேரா.முனைவர் சு. இராமநாதன் அவர்கள் தலைமையுரை ஆற்றினார். சிறப்பு விருந்தினராக முன்னாள் புல முதன்மையர் (Deen) பேரா. முனைவர் ஆ. ரவி அவர்கள் கலந்து கொண்டு சிறப்புரை ஆற்றினார். ஆசான் மேலாண்மை நிறுவன இயக்குநர் பேரா.முனைவர் தி.சி.சாந்தி அவர்கள் வாழ்த்துரை வழங்கினார். அப்துல்கலாம் பிறந்த நாளை முன்னிட்டு நடைபெற்ற கவிதை மற்றும் பேச்சுப்போட்டியில் வெற்றிபெற்ற மாணவியருக்கு பரிசு வழங்கப்பட்டது. ஆசான் கல்லூரியின் தமிழ்த்துறைத் தலைவர் பேரா.முனைவர் பொன் இரமேஷ்குமார் அவர்கள் எழுச்சியுரை ஆற்றினார். நாட்டுப்பண்ணுடன் விழா இனிதே நிறைவுபெற்றது.
For more Photos...
Activities for the month September 2015
1)Dr.P.Padmavathi,Asst.prof Dept of Hindi, presented a paper(Hindi saahitya aur aadivaasi vimarsh) in SSSN JAIN COLLEGE FOR WOMEN ,T.Nagar on 03/09/15.
2)Dr.P.Padmavathi presented a paper (HINDI CINEMA AUR DALIT VIMARSH) in a National Seminar conducted by PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY IN JOINT COLLABORATION WITH ICCR ON 5/10/15.
1) Eight students participated in inter-collegiate competitions conducted bySDNBB VAISHANAV COLLEGE. PALLAVI OF 2ND A&F on 1/9/15 and was awarded 1st prize for Elocution.
2) Eleven students took part in inter collegiate competitions conducted by Anna AAdarsh college.
3) Eight students were sent to Stella Maris college for Literary competitions
Activities for the month February 2016
1.Three students took part in hindi inter collegiate cometitons conducted by GURU NANAK COLLEGE on 20/2/16.
2.Ahmad raja of 1st A&F participated in singing competiton conducted by Depatment Of Hindi WCC on 20/2/16 and was awarded BEST SINGER and got 1ST prize .
Inter collegiate competition"Jeu d'esprit " on 3rd september 2016
The French Department of Stella maris college conducted an Inter collegiate competition"Jeu d'esprit " on 3rd september 2016.The French students of Asan college actively participated in various events .Students of B.H.M.,dept.and students of Shift II .have won prizes in the following events.
CUISINER SANS FEU :.I Prize
- VIVEK-B.H.M I Year.
- VIBIN -B.H.M .I year
BATAILLE DE VOIX.( GROUP SONG IN FRENCH).- II Prize
- HORMI-B.COM III year
- BHASKARAN-B.B.A III Year
LA PHOTOGRAPHIE:II Prize
- GOURAV DEB-B.COM. A.F.-III Year
- JAGADESHWARAN -B.COM.A.F III Year.
- PAVITHRAN-B.H.M I Year
- SANTHOSH KUMAR- B.H.M I Year
- KRISHNA-B.H.M I Year.
- KRISHNA DEV-B.COM.A.F I Year
- AKHIL.K.ANIL-B.C.A.. I Year
TROUVE -X.(TREASURE HUNT):III Prize
- VIBIN-B.H.M I Year.
- AKHIL.K.ANIL.-B.C.A I year
- KRISHNA DEV.-B.COM.A.F I Year .
Activities for the month August 2016
1. Department of languages won prizes in various competitions on different colleges in the month of August 2016:
Teams won prizes on COOKING WITHOUT FIRE
2. Fête O' Français on 9th of August : Guru Nanak College, Velachery conducted Fête O' Français on 9th of August 2016 for French language. Prize winners are as follows : Team for Dumb Charades won 1st Prize by students :
3. SOUL'16 on 17th of August : Hindustan College of Arts & Sciences, Padur conducted SOUL for all languages on 17th of August 2016. Prize winners are as follows : Akhil Rajeev, shift I won 1st Prize for Malayalam Poetry writing.with cash prize of Rs 1250. Asan college bagged the Runners trophy.Photos...
Activities for the month July and August 2015
1.Ms.M.Maragatha gowri, Assistant professor( French) was invited for the International " FRANCOPHONIE DAY" at Madras christian college , Tambaram and delivered a lecture on France and Francophonie.
2.Ms. Maragatha gowri ,Assistant professor (french) delivered a guest lecture on "les phonetics en français" on july 2015 at Hindustan college of Arts & Science.
3.Ms.Shrashanghi Krishanan, of I B.com A& F and Mr. Kabila I B.B.A participated in the event Soul 15 on august 2015 at Hindustan college of Arts &Science.
Activities for the month September 2015
1.Ms,M.Maragatha gowri, Assistant professor( French) received the "Award of appreciation "from Alliance française de Rouen for training and excellence acheived by the students in the Romain Roland International exam
2. Ms.M.Maragatha gowri, Assistant professor( French) attended a two day national seminar on "PATRICK MONDIANO ET L'ART DE LA MEMOIRE on september 2015 at Bharathidasan government college for women conducted by Association of Indian Teachers of French(AITF)
Activities for the month October 2015
1.Ms,M.Maragatha gowri, Assistant professor( French) attended a one day workshop JOURNÉE FLE 2015 on october 2015,conducted by ĺ'Alliance Francaise de Rouen-Normandie, France
Activities for the month Februrary 2016
1.Mr.hrashanghi Krishnan, Mr.P.Mani uthra of I B.comA&F participated and secured III place in the event Fête à la forêt on february 2016 at M.C.C, Tambaram.
Guest Lecture on 31.08.2016
Gowsalya Saminathan of B.Sc. Microbiology (2013-2016) batch secured University Ist Rank in Microbiology.
A Guest on "Environmental Sustainability & Microbes" was delivered by Dr.J.Joel Gnanadoss, Assistant Professor in Plant Biology & Biotechnology, Loyola College,Chennai on 31.08.2016 at our college premises.All the students of UG, PG & M.Phil Microbiology were benefited by the lecture.
Dr.S.Kanimozhi, Associate Professor & Head and Dr.M.Alagusundaram, Associate professor,P.G.& Research Department of Microbiology have been nominated for the Fellowship Award of Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists for the year 2016. They will be receiving the Award on 09.09.2016 at the 14th Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists Conference on "Transitional & Translational Scenario in Biological Sciences" to be held at Dr.N.G.P. Arts & Science College ,Coimbatore.Photos....
Activities for the month of september 2015
1.An Exhibition and Career Guidance Programme on “Prospects of Enchanting Lifesciences with a special focus on Microbiology” was organized by the P.G & Research Department of Microbiology, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science, Jaladampet, Chennai-100 on 15.10.2015 and 16.10.2015.The exhibition was inaugurated by Dr.V.R.Prabavathy, Principal Scientist, M.S.Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai-600 113 and Dr.E.K.Purushothaman, Joint Secretary, Asan Memorial Associations. The exhibition was well attended by around 700 students from various Government schools, Matriculation schools and CBSC at Higher secondary level in South chennai.
2.Mrs.V.Jeyanthi Assistant Prof submitted her Ph.D thesis on 19.10.2015
Activities of 2014- 2015
1. Ms.KiranSrinivasan of I B.Sc Microbiology participated in Essay writing competition conducted on the occasion of “Geneva Convention Day” by Indian Red Cross Society, Egmore on 01.08.2014.
2. Ms.Manisha Elizabeth Varghese and KowsalyaSwaminathan of II B.Sc Microbiology won First Prize in Quiz competition in Microfest 2014, conducted by Department of Microbiology, Ethiraj College on 18th August 2014.
3. The students of Ist and IInd year Applied Microbiology and II B.Sc Microbiology along with the Dr.S.Kanimozhi, HOD and Mrs.V.Jeyanthi and Dr. D.J. Mukesh Kumar Assistant Professors visited the Central Leather Research Institute, Adayar, Chennai on 27.09.2014.They visited eight different departments in CLRI.
4. Dr.I.Arulpandi, Assistant Professor and Ms. V.H. Jemimah, M.Phil Scholar, for their publication of their research paper entitled “Evaluation of antimicrobial property of biosynthesized Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles and its Application on Baby Diapers” in an international journal “Drug Invention Today XX:XX-XX. (Accepted and to be published in forth coming issue) with the impact factor-1.42.
5. Dr.S.Kanimozhi, Head, Dept. of Microbiology and Ramya, D M.Phil Scholar published a full length research article on “A comparative study of zeolite loaded copper oxide and iron oxide nanoparticles and its effect on antibacterial and antifungal activity against six bacterial and three fungal isolates of secondary effluent” in aninternational journal International Journal of Development Research. XX:XX-XX. 2014.(Accepted and to be published in forth coming issue) with the Global Impact Factor – 0.47
6. Dr.S.Kanimozhi, Head, Dept. of Microbiology, Ramya, D, M.Phil Scholar and Menaga Gandhi .M.R. published a full length research article on “Production and Optimization of chitosan from Aspergillusniger by solid state and submerged fermentation and evaluation of its antimicrobial and antioxidant activity” in an international journal - Drug Invention Today, 6 (2): 141-148, 2014 with the impact factor– 1.42.
7. The meeting of Parents-Teachers Association (PTA) was conducted for the UG and PG students of Microbiology from 24.09.2014 to 26.09.2014 at the Department of Microbiology. Parents of UG and PG students have enthusiastically participated and interacted with the faculty members.
8. A workshop on “Techniques in Molecular Biology” was conducted from 24.09.2014 to 27.09.2014 for the students of IIM.Sc Applied Microbiology and II B.Sc Microbiology in association with Medox Biotech Pvt.Ltd. India at P.G.& Research Department of Microbiology, Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science.
9. 32 students of I.B.Sc Microbiology students of Microbiology along with four faculty members Dr.S.Kanimozhi, Mrs.V.Jeyanthi, Dr.I.Arulpandi and Dr.D.J.Mukesh Kumar visited the Medox Biotech Pvt.Ltd., a manufacturer of Microbiology and Biotechnology Teaching kits and biological materials located at Gummidipoondi, SIPCOT on 27.09.2014.The students observed and were explained with the manufacturing of kits, packing, storage and marketing of kits. The students also observed the tissue culturing of many plants.
Activities of 2013- 2014
Activities of the Department – 2013-2014
1. Research project submitted by Dr. S. Thiyagarajan and Ms. Tamilselvi, student of II year M.Sc. Microbiology for the academic year 2012-13 was approved by Tamilnadu State Council for Science & Technology in April-2013 and a sum of Rs.10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand) was sanctioned towards financial support.
2. A Guest seminar on “Drug Discovery and Development” was organized for the students of Microbiology on 19.07.2013. Resource persons from Pharmaceutical industry and Kavin Bioresearch Center, Valasaravakkam, Chennai gave lectures.
3. Seven Students of II year M.Sc. Applied Microbiology attended the Regional Seminar on “Nanotechnology for Everyone and Everything” organized by Science City of Govt. of Tamilnadu on 08.08.2013.
4. Mrs. Kanimozhi, Assistant Professor of Microbiology took her Ph.D. Public Viva-voce examination at Sathyabama University on 17.08.2013. She successfully defended her thesis and was awarded with Ph.D. degree.
5. Five students of M.Phil. Microbiology attended a Regional Seminar on “Managing Microbes” organized by the Dept. of Microbiology, Dr. MGR Janaki College of Arts & Science for Women, Adyar, Chennai held on 11th & 12th September 2013
6. Dr. S. Thiyagarajan, was invited as a resource person and gave a scientific talk during the inauguration Microbiology Association activities held at J.B.A.S. College for Women (Aut.), Chennai on 28.09.2013.
7. 31 students of B.Sc. Microbiology underwent an training programme for three days (07.10.2013 to 09.10.2013) on “Diagnostics Techniques in Microbiology & Immunology” conducted by Sachika, Institute for Biomedical Technology, Chennai.
8. Dr. S. Kanimozhi, Assistant Professor, was invited as the external examiner for the internship training for the M.Sc. Microbiology students of Presidency College on 09.12.2013.
9. Dr. M. Alagusundaram and Dr. I. Arulpandi, Assistant Professors and seven students of M.Phil. Microbiology attended a National Conference on “Innovations in Science and Technology for Inclusive Development” organized jointly by SRM University with Indian Science Congress Association from 12th to 13th December-2013 held at SRM Medical College, Kattankolathur campus.
10. Five students of I year M.Sc. Applied Microbiology participated in a training programme on “Tools and Techniques in Bioinformatics” conducted at BIOZONE Research Center, Teynampet, Chennai for three days from 16.12.2013 to 18.12.2013.
11. Ms. Mullai. T of I B.Sc. Microbiology has participated in a debate on “Urathhu Solungal” programme in Pudhyiya Thalaimurai Channel on 06.01.2014.
12. The Department organized An Exhibition cum competitions “Exploring the Potentials of Fascinating Life Sciences with a special focus on Microbiology” for the students of Life sciences of Schools and colleges on 9th & 10th of January 2014. Nearly 450 students of Life Sciences from 8 schools have been benefitted. Dr. Thangam Menon, Professor, & Head, Dept. of Microbiology, Director, Dr. ALM PGIBMS inaugurated the programme.
13. UNIVERSITY RANKS: Students of M.Sc. Applied Microbiology excelled in the Madras University Examination conducted in April-2013 and secured the following University Ranks:
M.Sc. : 6th Rank in Microbiology
M.Sc. : 13th Rank in Microbiology
M.Sc. : 17th Rank in Microbiology
M.Sc. : 21st Rank in Microbiology
14. A Guest Seminar was organized for the U.G. & P.G. students of Microbiology on 22.01.2014. Dr. Ellanchezhian Manickan, Professor, Dept. of Microbiology, Dr. ALM PGIBMS delivered a lecture on “Hepatitis B Virus and development of anti HBV drugs from Indian Medicinal Plants”.
15. Campus recruitment was organized for the students of final year M.Sc. and M.Phil. students was organized on 25.01.2014. The Scientific Publishing Services company conducted interview. 20 students attended the programme. Out of 20, 4 of them 8 of them were cleared written examination and 4 of them were selected in the final interview and received provisional appointment order.
16. A two days Workshop on “Advanced Methods in Molecular Biotechnology” was organized jointly with Medox Biotech, Chennai for the students of II M.Sc. Applied Microbiology on 31st Jan & 1st Feb 2014.
17. An industrial visits to Hadsun Dairy Industries, Red Hills was organized for all the students of Microbiology on 8th Feb 2014.
18. A two days workshop on “Systematic Medical Bacteriology” was organized for the students of I M.Sc. Microbiology on 18th & 19th February 2014. Dr. Latha Sriram, Professor, Department of Microbiology, Madras Medical College conducted the workshop as resource person.
19. Seven students from II M.Sc. Microbiology attended a seminar programme Bioconsortium 2014, a regional seminar on “Prospects of Microbiology in the Next Decade” organized by the department of Microbiology, Madras Christian College, on 18th Feb 2014.They also participated in Quiz and JAM conducted during the programme.
20. A Guest Seminar was organized for the U.G., P.G. and M.Phil. students of Microbiology on 22.02.2014. Dr. P. Rajendran, Professor, Dept of Microbiology, Dr. ALM PGIBMS delivered a lecture on “Hepatitis B Virus and development of anti HBV drugs from Indian Medicinal Plants”.
21. In order to promote the admissions in B.Sc. Microbiology, various activities were conducted such as distribution of wish cards to the XII school students of various schools (from Velachery to Tambaram), distribution of pamphlets and pouches with information about the college and department was done.
22. STAFF PUBLICATIONS:
1. Dr. S. Kanimozhi published a paper in a journal - Materials Research Bulletin on Synthesis of amino-silane modified superparamagnetic Fe3O4 nanoparticles and its application in immobilization of lipase from Pseudomonas fluorescens Lp1.
2. Dr. S. Kanimozhi published a paper in an international Journal - International Journal of Basic and Life Sciences on Prevalence of pathogenic Escherichia coli from clinical and environmental sources in Tamilnadu.
3. Dr. M. Alagusundaram published a paper in - International Journal of current Microbiology and Applied Sciences on Pulmonary Tuberculosis co-infection among HIV infected persons in and around District of Erode, Tamil Nadu.
4. Mrs. V. Jeyanthi published a paper in an international Journal - Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology on Production, Purification and Characterization of Siderophore from Pseudomonas fluorescence.
5. Mrs. V. Jeyanthi published a paper in - Indian Journal of Applied Microbiology on Production and optimization of Pectinase using Aspergillus niger by solid-state fermentation and its application in fruit juice clarification.
6. Dr. I. Arulpandi published a paper in an international Journal - International Journal of Basic and Life Sciences on Prevalence of pathogenic Escherichia coli from clinical and environmental sources in Tamilnadu.
7. Dr. I. Arulpandi published a paper in an international Journal - International journal of current microbiology and applied sciences on Ganoderma adspersum and Ganoderma cupreum from South India, First report based on molecular phylogeny.
P.G. & Research Department of Microbiology
B.Sc. MICROBIOLOGY, M.Sc. APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY & M.PHIL. MICROBIOLOGY
B.Sc. Microbiology: A candidate shall be admitted to the course provided he/she has passed a +2 with Biology subject.
M.Sc. Applied Microbiology: A candidate shall be admitted to the course provided he/she has passed a B.Sc. in Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Home Science of any recognized University.
M.Phil. Microbiology: A Master's degree in Microbiology/ Applied Microbiology/ Medical Microbiology/ Industrial Microbiology with a minimum of 55% of marks.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. Most important and fascinating field in Biology; Courses offered comprise of the basic and applied aspects of various branches of Microbiology (viz., Medical, Agricultural, Environmental, Food, Industrial Microbiology, Biotechnology, etc.)
2. Bright scope for placements in hospitals, academic institutions, industries, etc.
3. Opportunities for higher education in emerging branches of Life Sciences and Basic Medical Sciences in India and Abroad.
1. State-of-the art Laboratory recognized as one of the best by eminent Microbiologists.
2. Excellent infrastructure with well furnished lab sections fully equipped with advanced instruments like Spectrophotometer, ELISA system, Walk-in-Cold room, Walk-in-Incubator room, PCR Machine, Sequencing and Gel Documentation system, Ultra Centrifuge, Phase Contrast/Dark Field Microscopes, etc.
3. Air conditioned lab sections for Bacteriology, Mycology, Parasitology, Virology and Molecular Biology.
1. Highly qualified staff with creditable teaching and research experience.
2. Teaching staff with sound knowledge in theory and practicals.
3. Non teaching assisting staff with good laboratory practical experience.
Academics and Research
1. Well prepared and updated syllabus and comprehensive training.
2. Effective teaching with modern teaching aids viz., LCD projector, Computer, CDs containing animated biological processes and on-line informations.
3. Guest lectures by eminent University Professors, Research Guides, Well-known Scientists organized regularly.
4. Conduct of subject oriented workshops, training / internship in research institutes and industries.
5. Opportunities for collaborative research works in reputed industries / University departments.
1. Organizing International / National / Regional level Seminar, Symposia and Workshops every year.
2. Conduct of Awareness programme, Exhibition, etc as part of extension activities.
3. Extension activities / Community services such as diagnostic works, water analysis, soil testing, compost making, mushroom cultivation, etc.
Student support Programmes
1. Library facilities (both College and Department levels) with elaborate collection of books and journals.
2. Conduct of Personality Development programmes with Psychology experts.
3. Motivation and guidance given for presentation and publication of research papers in Conferences and Journals of National and International category.
4. Guidance for higher studies in India and Abroad
5. Assistance for recruitment in reputed Multinational companies, Hospitals, Pharmaceutical companies, Food processing industries, Fertiliser industries, Breweries, Refineries, etc.
1. No Capitation fee, Assistance for scholarship and Bank loans.
2. Affordable fee structures
1. Mrs.S.Kanimozhi, M.Sc., M.Phil., (Ph.D). Head of the Department
2. Dr.M.Alagusundram, M.Sc., Ph.D. Assistant Professor
3. Mrs.V.Jeyanthi M.Sc., M.Phil., (Ph.D). Assistant Professor
4. Dr.I.Arulpandi, M.Sc., Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Academic excellence Placements 2011-2012
Microbiology Events 2012-2013
UNIVERSITY RANKS SECURED BY THE STUDENTS OF DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
|Batch||University Rank||Subject||Name of the Student|
|6||Malayalam||Neethu Susan John|
|2004-2007||3||French||Diana Nobel Roy|
|2005-2008||2||Malayalam||Sree Parvathy Vasanth|
|Batch||University Rank||Name of the Student|
1. Kanimozhi, Head of the Department was invited as a guest for MICROFEST-2012, an intercollegiate science programme organized by the Dept. of Microbiology of Ethiraj College for Women on 07.08.12. He served as a Moderator for Debate competition.
2. The Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology (TNSCST) funded research project granted to Dr.S.Thiyagarajan (Guide) and Ms.Divya (Student of M.Sc. Microbiology 2010-12 Batch) was completed and presented during the State level Technical meet held at Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar on 10.08.2012. The Project won the First prize under Biological Science category among the 45 projects presented.
3. Department of Microbiology organized a programme of Exhibition cum Competitions for School children entitled "Exploring the Potentials of Fascinating Life Sciences with a Special focus on Microbiology" on 12.12.2012. Prof.Dr.Thangam Menon, Director, Tharamani Campus, University of Madras inaugurated the programme. Students of Microbiology exhibited models, posters and specimens as a part of awareness programme. A power point presentation on "Scope and Opportunities in Life sciences" for the participants was given. Four hundred and twelve students representing eight schools participated in the programme.
4. Four students of M.Phil. Microbiology participated in the National Conference on "Recent Scenario in Emerging Arboviral Infections" organized by Dept. of Microbiology of Prof.Dhanapalan College, Kelambakkam, Chennai on 14.12.2012 & 15.12.2012. Ms.S.Subha of M.Phil. Microbiology presented a research paper on "Community prevalence of viral STIs in Chennai".
5. Kanimozhi, (HOD), Dr.M.Alagusundaram , Dr.I.Arulpandi (Assistant Professors) and Eleven students of II M.Sc. Applied Microbiology attended the 10th National Conference of Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists (IAAM) on "Exploring the potentials of Microbes for Bioscience, Biotechnology & Medicine" organized by Center for Nuclear Research of SRM University on 17.12.2012 & 18.12.2012. Dr. Thiyagarajan chaired the Scientific session for poster presentation.
6. Mrs.S.Kanimozhi, Mrs.V.Jeyanthi (Assistant Professors) and seven students of I M.Sc. Applied Microbiology attended a two day National Symposium organized by Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) on 17.12.2012 & 18.12.2012 held at Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai
7. Kanimozhi, (HOD), (HoD) participated as a subject expert in "Ariviyal Arivom", a Science programme organized by Pothigai – Doordarshan Television on 23.01.2013 and gave talks on "Virology" and "Food and Immunity".
8. Prof. M.Elanchezhian, Professor of Microbiology, University of Madras gave a seminar on "Hepatitis viral Infections" for the students of Microbiology on 25.01.2013
9. A two day workshop on "Systematic Medical Bacteriology" was organized for the students of I year M.Sc. and III B.Sc. Microbiology on 01.02.2013 & 02.02.2013. Dr.Lata Sriram, Professor of Microbiology, Madras Medical College & Hospital, Chennai conducted the workshop as resource person
10. Prof. N.Ramanathan, Professor & Head of Microbiology, Annamalai University, Chidambaram gave a seminar on "Probiotics and Genetically Modified Foods " for the students of Microbiology on 04.02.2013
11. Mrs.S.Kanimozhi, Mrs.V.Jeyanthi (Asst. Professors) and five students of M.Phil. Microbiology attended a regional seminar on "Dodge the Dengue" organized by the Dept. of Microbiology of Dr.MGR Janaki College for Women, Adyar, Chennai on 07.02.2013.
12. Dr.S.Dhamodaran, Research Professor of Microbiology, Changi Hospital & Reseach Institute, Singapore gave a seminar on "Gastric and Intestinal Cancer caused by Helicobactor pylori " for the students of Microbiology on 08.02.2013
13. Mr.Mohammed Riyazuddin (III B.Sc.) and Mr.Venkata Sujith (II M.Sc) won the first prize in Model presentation during the Intercollegiate programme - Expo 2013, organized by Price Shri Venkateswara College of Arts & Science.
14. A two day workshop on "Techniques in Clinical Mycology" was organized for the students of I year M.Sc. and III B.Sc. Microbiology on 12.02.2013 & 13.02.2013. Dr.Jayalakshmi, Professor & Head of Microbiology, Madras Medical College & Hospital, Chennai conducted the workshop as resource person
15. Seven students of I M.Sc. Applied Microbiology participated in a training programme on "Tools and Techniques in Bioinformatics" conducted at BIOZONE Research Center, Teynampet, Chennai for three days from 14.02.2013 to 16.02.2013.
16. Dr.M.Alagusundaram, Dr.I.Arulpandi (Asst. Professors) and six students of M.Phil. Microbiology attended a two day National Conference on "Microbiology & Biotechnology – Rising to the Challenges of Times" organized by the Dept. of Microbiology of Madras Christian College, Tambaram, Chennai on 18.02.2013 & 19.02.2013. Ms. Madhumathi of M.Phil. Microbiology presented a paper on "Synthesis of Silvernanoparticles of Papaya and Sapora Fruit Extract and Its Antimicrobial Activity"
17. Dr.V.Kaviyarasan, Associate Professor, CAS in Botany, University of Madras gave a seminar on "Mushroom Technology" for the students of Microbiology on 21.02.2013
18. Prof.P.Rajendran, Professor of Microbiology, Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai gave a seminar on "Tumour Immunology" for the students of Microbiology on 28.02.2013
19. A one day industrial visit to Fragrances and Flavours, St.Thomas Mount, Chennai was organized on 06.03.2013. The students of B.Sc., M.Sc. and M.Phil. Microbiology and five faculty members visited the Research and Development and production units of the industry.
|Percentage of Students||Company/Institution||Nature of Job|
|26||Scientific Publishing company, Private Limited. Chennai||Journal Proof Editor, Proof reader, Subject editor|
|12||Biocon, Bangalore||Quality analyst|
|12||Microlabs, Bangalore||Quality analyst, Microbiologist|
|5||Bharath Scan, Chennai||Microbiologist|
|10||VNS Enviro, Chennai||Journal Proof Editor, Proof reader, Subject editor|
|25||Hospitals in Chennai and Kerala||Microbiologist|
Panel Meeting for Teaching Staff
Exploring the Potentials of Fascinating Life Sciences Exhibition cum Competition
National Conference @ Prof. Dhanapalan College
National Conference of Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists
National Symposium By Indian Science Congress Association
Research Paper Published @ Indian Journal of Applied Microbiology
Students Activity - Mar 2017
Students attended the National seminar on “The biology of aging-an overview”conducted by SIET college for women,Chennai.
S.Bhuvyamary, G.Reshma, Srijayashree and sophiakharynlla of II B.Sc attended and presented the poster in seminar and won II PRIZE
Priyadarshini, Swetha, of I B.Sc Srijayashree of II B.Sc participated in Quiz and won II prize
Usharani,Vaijayanthimala,Vanishree,Anusha,Susithra,R.Kaviya of III B.Sc participated in Biolyrics and won II prize
Divya and Lavanya of of III B.Sc participated in Cookery competition and won III prize
For more Photos....
Students Activity - Jan 2017
• V.Muthuvel of II B.Sc and Durga of I B.Sc students attended GURUSHIKSHA programme organized by Gurunanak College on 2-1-2017.
• Divya and Bhuvya Mary of II B.Sc students attended and presented poster in National level seminar conducted by Valliamal College for Women on 7-1-2017 on the topic “Medicinal uses of Pomegranate”.
Guest Lecture on Genius of Science - 06/1/2017
Dr.S.Yamini Sudhalakshmi,Asst Prof in Medical Biochemistry,IBMS,University of Madras,Taramani,Chennai delivered the Guest Lecture on Biochemistry-Genius of Science on 06/1/2017.Photos....
One day Workshop on - 08th Oct 2016
Department of biochemistry students and staff's attended a one day workshop on Bio-instrumentational Techniques in Asthagiri Research Foundation, Perungudi,Chennai.
Scope of Biochemistry in Industries on - 30th sept 2016
Mr.P.Seetharaman,Quality control executive,Medo Pharm pvt ltd delivered the talk on Scope of Biochemistry in Industries on 30/9/2016.Photos....
Department of Biochemistry Organized a Asthagiri Herbal Research
on - 23rd sept 2016
Dr.Narasimhan and Dr.Sudhakaran of Asthagiri Herbal Research Foundation delivered the research talk on Chromatography Techniques and Automation in Clinical Chemistry on 23/9/2016.
Department of Biochemistry Organized a Medical Camp
on - 01st August 2016
Department of biochemistry organized a medical camp in collaboration with starmed diagnostic center at govt higher secondary school,pallikaranai on 1/8/16 and the department staff delivered a talk on "scope of biochemistry".
Safety Awareness Programme - 28/7/16
1. Department of Biochemistry is organizing a Safety Awareness Programme on 28/7/16 for Department students. The guest talk is delivered by Mrs. Sangeetha ,Safety Department,Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Research and Development center,Sholinganallur.
1. Free Medical Camp was organized by the Department of Biochemistry for the welfare of students in Government Higher Secondary schools.
Activities for the month of December 2015 - January 2016
1.Dr.S.T.Asheeba and V.Suganya has published a paper in International journal of current research on the topic ‘Isolation and characterization of Astaxanthin from Portunus sanguinolentus(three spotted crab)Callinectes sapidus(blue crab) and Paralithodes brevipes”(spiny king crab) 2015 vol.7 Issue .11, pp.22176-22193.
2.Mrs.Kalpana Hari and Premkumar kumpati has published a paper in Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology on the topic ‘Chitosan tethered colloidal Gold nanoparticles for drug delivery applications”. 2016 vol.16, pp.229-241. American scientific publishers.
3.Ms.Gayathri and Mrs.Kalpana hari delivered a presentation to XII students at Govt.Hr.Sec School, Taramani about our college and scope of biochemistry on 22/1/2016.
4.Ms.Julietpoornamathy and Ms.Nazareth Mary delivered a presentation to XII students at Govt.Hr.Sec School, Pallikaranai about our college and scope of biochemistry on 22/1/2016.
5.Ms.Nazareth Arockia Mary was awarded the Ph.D degree by the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University (Dec 2015).
Activities for the month of September-2015
1. Suganya, Heera, Datchaiyani of M.Phil and Rajesh,Mathankumar,and Snehajenitha of II M.Sc attended a National Seminar in Sree Sasta Engineering college on 2-9-2015 and 3-9-2015. Snehajenitha and Rajesh participated in Quiz, and Mathankumar of II M.Sc presented a paper
2. Bhuvyamary, Srijayasree of I B.Sc and II B.Sc students won 2nd Prize in Jewellery making . Pratheepa, Sasidharan of II B.Sc won 3rd prize in paper presentation in MICROMATSURI-2015 organized by D.G.Vaishnav College, Arumbakkam on 4-9-2015. Saritha, Lavanya participated in Rangoli, Manjula, Mothilal participated in Cook without fire, Divya, Lavanya participated in Poster, Kiran participated in Photography and Sasidharan, Muthuvel participated in T-Shirt painting
Departmental Activity for the month of August-2015
1. Department of biochemistry organized “Cancer Awareness Programme” on 21-08-2015 by Dr.Anitha Ramesh , Senior Oncologist, SRMC
Activities for the month of August 2015
1. V.Snehajenitha of II M.Sc and Lavanya, Saritha of II B.Sc students won 3rd Prize in “SALUS-15”- Rangoli competition organized by Loyola College on 22-08-2015
2. Anusha of II B.Sc and K.Mathankumar of II M.Sc participated in “SALUS-15” - Quiz competition organized by Loyola College on 22-08-2015
3. Sasidharan of II B.Sc and J.Rajesh of II M.Sc participated in in “SALUS-15” - Poster competition organized by Loyola College on 22-08-2015
4. V.Snehajenitha , K.Mathankumar of II M.Sc and Anusha, Sasidharan, Kaviya of II B.Sc students participated in “SALUS-15”- Adzap competition organized by Loyola College on 22-08-2015
Activities for the month of July - August 2015
1. S.Bhuvya Mary and P.Bharathi of I & II year B.Sc participated in debate programme organized by pudhuyugam channel on 31-07-2015 which was telecasted in the channel on 9-8-2015.
2. S.Bhuvya Mary of I.B.Sc & K.Mathan Kumar of II M.Sc participated in oratorical competition entitled “Information technology is boon or bane” organized by YRC on 10-08-2015
3. P.Bharathi of II.B.Sc student participated in Tamil essay writing competition Organized by Hindustan College entitled “Intercollegiate Literary Soul-2015”on 12-08-2015
4. P.Bharathi of II.B.Sc , K.Mathan Kumar & Snehajenitha of II M.Sc participated in Essay writing competition entitled “Information technology is boon or bane” organized by YRC on 05-08-2015 and 06-08-2015.
Guest lecture on 4th Feb 2015
Thiyagarajan, Asst. Manager, Abbott Company, Tamilnadu Division gave a Guest lecture on 4th Feb, 2015 about Thyroid Abnormalities
Blood camp for 12th standard students held on 27th Jan, 2015
All Staffs & Students went to Mambakkam Govt. Schools on 27th Jan, 2015 & conducted a blood camp for 12th standard students to create awareness about the biochemistry course
Activities for the month of Jan 21st - Feb 2015
1. Mr. Shanmugam, participated in two days National Level Seminar held at Madras School of Social Work held at Egmore on 23rd Jan, 2015 & presented a paper “An Overview of Adolescent High Risk Behavior”. It was published in the seminar proceedings with ISBN NO
1. J. Rajesh, K. Mathan kumar, S.P. Sivasankari, V. Snehajenitha participated in poster, quiz & Oratorical competition, in Replica-2015 Environment Awareness Programming organized by Dept. of Biochemistry, Ethiraj College for Women, and Chennai on 29th Jan, 2015
2. K. Mathan Kumar won 3rd Prize in Oratorical Competition in Replica-2015
3. Vanishree, Usharani, Sasidharan, Dinesh Kumar, Divya, Seema of I B.Sc. Attended the Bioinformatics workshop organized by B.S. Abdur Rahman University on 5th -7th Feb, 2015
4. Ms. Gayathri Lecturer, P. Sangeetha of II M.Sc., Heera, Suganya, Dhatchayani of M.Phil. attended conference organized by CLRI, Chennai on 5th Feb, 2015 Topic – Current trends in Biology
5. J. Rajesh, K. Mathan kumar, V. Snehajenitha of I M.Sc. Biochemistry students are participated in Inter Collegiate National level Seminar “New Horizons in biosciences” conducted by Jaya Arts & Science College and also participated in various competition ( Quiz, Poster Presentation, Pen your Sci fi ) on 6th Feb, 2015
1. Mr. Shanmugam & Mrs. Juliet visited the school Sevasadan Govt. Hr. Sec. School, Tambaram & gave a presentation on Scope & Future of Biochemistry on 22nd Jan, 2015
2. Mr. Shanmugam gave a presentation on importance of Biochemistry on its future perspective in Govt. Girls Hr. Sec. School, Selaiyur on 9-02-2015
3. All Staffs & Students went to Mambakkam Govt. Schools on 27th Jan, 2015 & conducted a blood camp for 12th standard students to create awareness about the biochemistry course
4. Thiyagarajan, Asst. Manager, Abbott Company, Tamilnadu Division gave a Guest lecture on 4th Feb, 2015 about Thyroid Abnormalities
5. All the staffs and students of biochemistry department went to Medox Company as IV on 14-12-2015
Activities for the month of December 2014
1. Dr. S. Moorthy completed the special course (21 days) on ‘Disaster Management’ sponsored by UGC from 11-11-14 to 01-12-14 at academic staff college, University of Madras.
2. Ms. J. Julietpoornamathy attended IMMUNOCON 2014, UGC, and DPT sponsor 41st International conference organized by Madurai Kamaraj University from 12-12-2014 to 14-12-2014.
1. B. Sharmaila, S. Susithra, P. Bharathi, M. Vijayashanthi and S. Sangeetna of I B.Sc. students participated in NATTUPURA ILAKIYAM programme conducted by Hindu College, Pattabiram, Chennai on 06-12-2014.
2. J. Rajesh, K. Mathan kumar, S. Kavitha,V. Snehajenitha, S. P. Shivashankari of I M.Sc. participated and J. Rajesh, K. Mathan kumar won 3rd prize(Quiz Competition) in intercollegiate festival conducted by Medical laboratory technology, Loyola College, Chennai on 12-12-2014.
3. V. Suganya, P. Heera, M. Dhatchayani of M.Phil. students going to attend National Conference on Bioactive peptides-application in Veterinary, medical and food science organised by Madras Veterinary College, Chennai-600 007.
One day Medical Camp held on 17th Oct 2014
Conducted one day Medical Camp on 17-Oct-2014 in Collaboration with Red cell Laboratories at Medavakkam Govt. Hr. Sec. School, for both Staffs and Students to create awareness.
The state level talent search competitive exam
K.Mathan Kumar of I M.Sc Biochemistry participated in the state level talent search competitive exam conducted by Techmed Health Care pvt ltd on Oct 23rd and also get the best performer award in the cultural event
One day Intercollegiate Conference
K.Mathankumar of I M.Sc Biochemistry and M.Pratheepa & M.Lavanya of I B.Sc Biochemistry Participated in One day Intercollegiate Conference Conducted by Kumararani Meena Muthiah college of arts & Science on Sept-30th 2014
M.Pratheepa & M.Lavanya of I B.Sc Biochemistry Presented a paper in Conference.Topic:"Role of Phytochemicals"
Guest lecture held on 15th Sept 2014.
A guest lecture was organized by Biochemistry Deparment and the talk was delivered by Mr.Sampath, Assistant Manager, Jeevan blood donation Organization on the topic "Blood Science and Blood Donation” on 15th Sept 2014.
1. Dr.Moorthi and Three M.Phil students participated in National conference organized by Mohammed Sathak college,Sholinganallur,chennai.
Tittle: Natural products as therapeutics,Medical microbiology,Nanobiology & System Biology:Scenario and Emerging trends
Date: 18-09-2014, 19-09-2014.
2. S.Dhanalakshmi Of M.Phil research scholar,Biochemistry department participated and presented a paper in UGC Sponserd National Seminar "Recent trends and Future Perspectives of Bioscience",conducted by Arumugam Pillai Seethai Ammal College,Thirupathur in collaboration with WWF-India.
Date: 5th & 6th Sep 2014.
3. Mr.S.Shanmugam and P.Bhavani published a research paper entitled “Studies on comparison of phytochemical constituents and antimicrobial activity of Curcuma longa Varieties in International Journal of current Microbiology and Applied. science, Volume.3, Number.9, 2014:pg. 573-581
Industrial Visit to an Organic Farm for the Biochemistry Department
The Biochemistry Department Staff and students were taken to an Organic farm in Pamal, on August 30th, 2014 as part of their Academic industrial visit. The students had a chance to meet with many different professionals (including farmers). The significance of this field allows them to explore a broad array of careers that share a commitment to an exclusive set of principles.
One Day Blood Grouping Camp
Biochemistry Department is Organizing One Day Blood Grouping Camp
Venue: Biochemistry Lab
National Conference on Recent Advances and Current Trends in Bioscience
For Further Details, please find our Brochure.
Clicking this link will open the Registration Form.